EY GDS - Assurance - Manager
At EY, you'll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we're counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
EY- Assurance - Manager
As part of our EY-Assurance Team, you would be the main point of contact from GDS for the tasks assigned by the global client serving assurance teams and be responsible for the timeliness and quality of deliverables along with managing day to day operations of those engagements.
We're looking for individuals who are qualified accountants with excellent leadership skills.The incumbent gets an excellent opportunity to work virtually or directly with the engagement teams across Americas and Europe, and develop knowledge of international accounting and assurance principles
Your key responsibilities
- Support a portfolio of engagements, by leading a team of Assistant Managers, Seniors and Associates
- Ensure the team delivers timely and high-quality work, as per EY methodology and in line with the engagement team's expectations
- Demonstrate strong understanding of EY methodology in service delivery and supporting various quality projects, such as pre-issuance reviews, assurance quality reviews, efficiency projects and others.
- Develop and maintain productive relationships with key engagement team counterparts, such as Assurance executives based in Americas or Europe.
- Develop an understanding of EY Risk Management procedures and ensure that these are embedded into the engagement team's work.
- Work closely with the engagement team to transition new engagements and services to GDS Assurance while maintaining the highest levels of quality of service.
- Proactively discuss work flow management with the engagement teams, allocating resources to the assigned work and monitoring performance against standards. Monitor utilization for one's team, budget to actuals, and other operational matters.
- Demonstrate professionalism, competence and clarity of communication when dealing with GDS and engagement teams.
- Establish expectations regarding value to be delivered to the respective aligned GDS or engagement teams.
- Identify opportunities to improve the scope of work for GDS Assurance.
- Standardize assurance processes along with leveraging best practices across one's aligned engagements or beyond.
- Help team members grow by encouraging them to actively contribute to the team.
- Lead by example, delegate work successfully and develop and maintain high performing teams.
- Conduct timely performance reviews and provide performance feedback and training.
- Use technology and tools to continually learn, share knowledge with team members, and enhance service delivery.
- Contribute to technical and soft-skills training to continually develop the team's skills.
- Actively participate in organizational initiatives, such as recruitment, diversity and inclusiveness, trainings, and others.
Skills and attributes for success
- Expert knowledge of Indian accounting and assurance standards
- Knowledge of UK GAAP or US GAAP and International assurance standards is an added advantage.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Effective interpersonal, risk management, facilitation and presentation skills
- Project management, leadership, coaching, counselling and supervisory skills
- Ability to spread positive work culture, teaming and live EY values.
- The ability to quickly form strong working relationship with colleagues in India and global teams.
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Qualified Chartered Accountant (ICAI) with 5-6 years of post-qualification relevant experience
- Qualified ACCA / CPA with 7-8 years of post-qualification relevant experience
- Articleship with other top or mid -tier accounting firms
a) Mid-or top-tier accounting firm focused on external or Assurance reviews / matters
b) MNC or larger Indian companies, preferably within a Shared Service
c). Big 4 Firms - Indian & Global practice
Ideally, you'll also have
- Proficiency in MS - Excel, MS - Office.
- Interest in business and commerciality.
What we look for
- A Team of people with commercial acumen, technical experience and enthusiasm to learn new things in this fast-moving environment
- An opportunity to be a part of market-leading, multi-disciplinary team in the only integrated global assurance business worldwide.
- Opportunities to work with EY GDS Assurance practices globally with leading businesses across a range of industries
What we Offer
EY Global Delivery Services (GDS) is a dynamic and truly global delivery network. We work across six locations - Argentina, China, India, the Philippines, Poland and the UK - and with teams from all EY service lines, geographies and sectors, playing a vital role in the delivery of the EY growth strategy. From accountants to coders to advisory consultants, we offer a wide variety of fulfilling career opportunities that span all business disciplines. In GDS, you will collaborate with EY teams on exciting projects and work with well-known brands from across the globe. We'll introduce you to an ever-expanding ecosystem of people, learning, skills and insights that will stay with you throughout your career.
- Continuous learning: You'll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We'll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We'll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You'll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.