The client looking are for a skilled Accounts Assistant. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment within the manufacturing and production industry. The company produce a specific luxury retail product and are based in the West End (Paddington).
The client are a rapidly growing business that have experienced a growth of £100 million in the last year, and are looking for an Accounts Assistant to help with the increased workload. It is a really exciting opportunity to join a brilliant business that offers a wealth of growth and development up the business and the group. The team is made up of about 30 people in total, however the direct team is made up of 6 people. The culture is amazing and is a great opportunity for a dynamic and progressive candidate.
The successful Accounts Assistant will:
- Management of the Accounts Payable and Receivable ledgers
- Process and manage a high volume of accounts payable invoices, ensuring accuracy in coding, approval, and timely payments.
- Supplier statement reconciliations.
- Preparation of supplier payment runs and maintain meticulous records of payments made.
- Manage accounts receivable activities, including posting customer payments, issuing invoices, and following up on outstanding balances.
- Dealing with customer and supplier queries.
- Contribute to month-end and year-end closing activities, including journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Generate financial reports as needed and support ad hoc financial analysis when required.
- Processing the staff expenses and credit card reconciliations.
The successful candidate will:
- Have 1-2 years of experience in a similar role (spread across Accounts Payable and receivable ledgers)
- MUST have strong Excel skills (VLOOKUPS, Pivot tables, Formulas, Summifs)
- Previously worked in the finance team within a retail, FMCG, manufacturing or related industry (highly desirable)
- Ideally studying towards the AAT, ACCA or CIMA qualification (desirable, not essential)
- Dynamic and Progressive
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Happy to work a minimum of 2 days a week in the office (based in Paddington)
- £30,000 - £32,000 (flexible)
- Additional benefits
- Study Support
- Bonus (10%)