Corporate & Investment Bank - Markets Technology Finance Manager - Vice President
Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) is primarily responsible for leading and coordinating the budgeting and forecasting process, including the short- and long-term projection of earnings and capital over varying economic scenarios. FP&A operates in close cooperation with firmwide groups in each line of business to prepare management reports and presentations for the Operating Committee and the Board of Directors.
- Prepare, consolidate, review and analyze a number of key financial activities including, but not limited to: budget and mid-year forecast, financial updates for the Board, Operating Committee and Regulators, quarterly earnings, spot & average balance sheet, Net Interest Income (NII) and Net Interest Margin (NIM) analytics and analyzing business performance drivers
- Execute the above processes with an emphasis on accuracy and timeliness of meeting deliverables on prescribed timetables / calendars
- Analyze line of business (LOB) business models, earnings sensitivities, and strategic initiatives to enable better understanding of individual LOB financial results
- Lead additional one-off and repeatable analyses as required by senior management
- Communicate and coordinate effectively with the LOBs and corporate functions areas (e.g. External Reporting, Investor Relations, CFA)
- Support ad hoc projects as necessary
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or related field
- Relevant professional experience in handling large amount of data, analyzing P&L and balance sheet drivers preferred
- Previous experience in a finance / planning role in banking or financial services strongly preferred
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills (Excel & PowerPoint in particular)
- Experience in the consolidation, review, analysis and presentation of Financials
- Exceptional analytical, problem solving, critical thinking and project management skills with a proven track record of execution against deliverables
- Excellent oral and written communication and relationship management skills
Preferred qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Experience with internal financial systems such as Essbase and Hyperion
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
About the Team
The Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across investment banking, wholesale payments, markets and securities services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. We provide strategic advice, raise capital, manage risk and extend liquidity in markets around the world.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.