Financial Controller | Al Futtaim Automotive | Finance
Established in the 1930s as a trading business, Al-Futtaim Group today is one of the most diversified and progressive, privately held regional businesses headquartered in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Structured into five operating divisions; automotive, financial services, real estate, retail and healthcare; employing more than 35,000 employees across more than 20 countries in the Middle East, Asia and Africa, Al-Futtaim Group partners with over 200 of the world's most admired and innovative brands. Al-Futtaim Group’s entrepreneurship and relentless customer focus enables the organization to continue to grow and expand; responding to the changing needs of our customers within the societies in which we operate.
By upholding our values of respect, excellence, collaboration and integrity; Al-Futtaim Group continues to enrich the lives and aspirations of our customers each and every day
Overview of the role:
As a member of Divisional Controlling team – to support the Sr. FM on delivering,
- Driving Accounting Policy requirements of Division through Division Specific Accounting Policies
- Provide inputs to Group Finance on new / revision of existing Group Account Policies
- Liaise, coordinate and support BU Finance in implementation of new accounting policy requirements
- Drive and provide Policy guidance to BU Team through Divisional Accounting Policy Committee and BU specific training / briefing sessions.
- Provide accounting guidance / advisory on compliance of Accounting Standard (IAS), Reporting Standards (IFRS) & Group policies.
- Provide support and advisory in on Complex Accounting Judgment, Estimates and Accounting Processes
- Lead the overall implementation and compliance of Internal Controls Framework and coordinate with Group and BU on any change requirements
- Assess risks, insurance requirements, engage with insurance partners for insurance coverage for the Division.
- Drive and play collaboration with BU to maintain and roll-out collection infrastructure
What you will do:
Accounting Policy & Advisory
- Provide Support to Group and Divisional Policy and lead the development of Financial Internal Controls, Controls Assessment and Reporting / Standardisation Framework.
- Support Group Finance in review, gap analysis and preparation of Group Accounting Policies and ensure coverage of Automotive business scenarios.
- Be responsible for drafting Divisional Accounting Policies and Process Notes based on the identified process gaps, internal audit recommendations as well BU request for specific areas requiring accounting guidance and advisory.
- Drive implementation of new accounting policy requirements through producing detailed technical analysis in this area and contributing to Group discussions as subject matter expert.
- Develop and monitor accounting training sessions to the Finance & Operations teams where applicable on IAS, Accounting Policies and IFRS, Accounting Policies and Process SOPs.
- Provide Support and Guidance to BU FP&A and Controlling teams on Complex Accounting Judgements.
- Driving the overall Insurance Requirements of Business Units, ensuring coverage of all risk. Liaise with BU and Insurance providers to ensure insurance coverage are available to mitigate all the financial loss risks and any statutory / covenant requirements.
- Support in liaison with P&C and EIT team in implementation of Collection Infrastructure, integration to Books of accounts and related touchpoints
Balance Sheet substantiation / Process Reviews
- Liaison with Shared Service Centres and BU Finance Team to ensure all the required processes for Financial Period Close ae performed on time to ensure Quality Financials
- Drive Balance Sheet Substantiation implementation and rollout process, periodic reviews of misstatement, liaison and escalation of key risk areas for resolution
- Review and present necessary details / reports for Entity Level Scorecards / Issues Resolution Drive
- Review SSF KPI / SLA and initiate discussions with respective stakeholder for review and identification of improvement areas with detailed implementation plan and timelines
- Liaise with Business Units to align on creation of any Legal entity establishment and closure. Ensuring Books of accounts structure are defined for the new entities as well ensuring all the accounting and legal processes are completed for closure of any entities
- Drive and ensure overall tracking of Audit Progress, Alignment with Audit Program and Timelines
- Coordinate with Shared Services and BU team to ensure that auditor’s requirements are being provided in a timely and accurate manner.
- Lead and monitor Preparation of Standalone / Consolidated Financial Statements of required entities
- Liaise with Auditors and BU teams on Other Certification Requirement from Auditors (Revenue Certificates, ICV Certificate ESR etc.)
- Ensure specific reporting requirement of Group Finance for FS preparation, Consolidation and other analysis are met timely
Required Skills to be successful:
- Qualified professional CCA, CPA, CMA, CA
- Minimum (5) years' experience in same role
- Good understanding of IFRSs
- Accounting process knowledge
- Big 4 experience is advantages
- Knowledge of accounting policies and internal controls
About the Team:
You will be reporting to Sr. Financial Controller and will be managing a team ofAccounts Managers, senior Accounts, Junior Accountants
What equips you for the role:
- Minimum Qualifications and Knowledge: Chartered Accountant or similar qualification
- Minimum Experience: At least 5 years relevant experience within a large organization in a supervisory level
- Job-Specific Skills: Clear understanding of Accounting, relevant IFRS and Automotive front end processes. Clear understanding of Automotive dealer / distributor business processes and accounting skills; KPI driven customer focused operation; ability to lead change processes.
- Strong Analytical, process oriented, good communication and presentation skills, exposure to ERP. ( Preferably SAP) and SAP BW/ BPC
- Behavioural Competencies: To maintain confidentiality; be strategic and analytical, honest and responsible; possess cultural awareness and sensitivity; be flexible and demonstrate sound work ethics. Capable of Interacting with MDs of various Automotive businesses as well as capable of handling subordinates. Should be able to interact with BUFCs, SSF Process Heads, External Auditors, and Consultants etc.
About Al-Futtaim Automotive
A major division of the UAE-based Al-Futtaim Group of companies, Al-Futtaim Automotive is an industry leader with presence in 10 countries across the Middle East, Asia and Africa.
Our core business activities at Al-Futtaim Automotive include distribution, manufacturing, leasing and aftersales, and we are firmly established as the regional representative of some of the world’s most iconic automotive brands:
Toyota, Lexus, Honda, Jeep, Chrysler, Dodge, Volvo and RAM.
We are driven by a customer-centric approach, constantly pushing the boundaries on innovation, quality standards, and value-added service across our vast universe of customers - right from motoring enthusiasts to fleet operators to contractors. Our mission is to become the leader in custom-made mobility solutions by delivering nothing less than world-class omni-channel experiences.
We channel our local expertise and global trust to deliver one of the most comprehensive portfolios of mobility products and solutions, from passenger cars to SUVs, electric vehicles to high-performance motorbikes, commercial vehicles to industrial & construction equipment.
What keeps the company moving forward is a 9000-member strong team, with inspiring possibilities for growth, throughout the career path. This is Al-Futtaim Automotive and we empower talent to move forward.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.