Corporate Tax Manager
Kreston Reeves is currently hiring for a Corporate Tax Manager to join our Horsham office.
We are so much more than just accountants, business and financial advisers…
Our purpose is to guide our clients, colleagues, and communities to a brighter future.
Kreston Reeves LLP
We’re committed to living by our purpose and values - 'Understand’, 'Look ahead’, 'Make it personal’, 'Be crystal clear’ and 'Be human’. And have created a culture in which we strive for our clients, colleagues, and communities to thrive.
We work as a team and have a wide range of skills, specialisms, and expertise amongst us. We pride ourselves on being a socially responsible employer and have a very active Corporate Social Responsibility programme which holds us accountable against four of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals - 'Good health and wellbeing’, 'Quality education’, 'Reduced inequalities’ and 'Climate action’.
Kreston Reeves is an equal opportunities employer committed to fostering a diverse, fair and inclusive culture. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for our roles and equal consideration will be given to every application.
Our people are our core asset so it’s important to us that we create an environment where they are recognised, included and valued.
Corporate Tax Manager
- As a Corporate Tax Manager you will report directly to our head of corporate tax, with good knowledge of UK corporation tax and a sound grasp of other business taxes to not only ensure clients are fully tax compliant but to also identify tax planning opportunities.
- You will also be heavily involved in planning assignments – in the last 6 months this has included detailed analysis of the Disguised Investment Management fee rules, Transactions in Land, EMI and EIS schemes, demergers, due diligence on acquisitions and advising on sales of business.
- Exposure to international tax issues such as double taxation relief and double taxation treaties, transfer pricing, thin capitalisation and CFC’s would be useful. Support and mentoring will be given.
- Evidence of training and mentoring junior staff would be useful.
- Our corporate clients include a broad range of sectors and industries and include entrepreneurial growth companies, larger corporates, multi-national groups, FSA regulated companies and AIM listed PLCs.
- The role is largely office based and includes significant client contact. There may also be some travel between our offices based in West Sussex and Kent.
- The objectives of the Corporate Tax Manager are to assist with the successful running of the Corporate Tax department.
The Corporate Tax Manager will be responsible for:
- Assist UK and international clients structure their affairs tax efficiently
- Help manage the client relationship to become the trusted business advisor
- Work closely with Kreston colleagues across the globe
- Assist with managing our CT compliance services to a varied portfolio of corporate clients
- Review more complex corporation tax returns and computations
- You will act as people manager for 5 staff, including appraisals and work allocation
- CTA qualification or equivalent
- Demonstrable experience of Corporate Tax
What's in it for me?
Kreston Reeves is passionate about its people; we want our colleagues to develop the things they are good at and enjoy.
By joining us you can expect:
- Autonomy to develop and grow your skills and experience
- Opportunities to develop a varied portfolio of work with different clients
- Strong, inspiring and thought-provoking leadership
- A genuinely supportive and collaborative environment
- A culture of learning in a stimulating environment
As well as this, we offer:
- Leave – We offer a generous annual leave allowance, Holiday buying (up to 5 days), Agile working
- Retail – Restaurant cards (Gourmet Society and Tastecard), Discount shopping, Fabyouless
- Mental Wellbeing – Employee assistance programme and counselling
- Physical Wellbeing – Vitality PMI/Westfield Hospital Treatment Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance , BMI Health Assessment , GymFlex, DNAFit, Annual flu jab
- Financial Wellbeing – 5% matched contribution pension, 2x salary Life Assurance , Westfield Health Cash Plan , 50% Income Protection for 5 years, Increase to Life Assurance, Increase to Health Cash Plan, Options to increase pension, life assurance and healthcare cash plan (yourself and/or family)
- CSR – Give as you earn , 1 day off to take up volunteering opportunities. Opportunities to support our commitment to charitable causes
- Travel – Cycle to work scheme , Travel Insurance , Interest Free Season Ticket Loan (London only) , Interest Free Car or Motorbike Loan
- Recognition – Monthly nominations for financial awards based on culture and values demonstration, fair and transparent meritocracy
- Development – We offer continuous support and development with clear mapped progression routes across the business. Access to a calendar of training courses run internally and externally, offer paid professional subscriptions
- Diversity Inclusion and Belonging – We operate several Family friendly policies, offer Childcare vouchers and take proactive steps to create an inclusive environment
Kreston Reeves celebrates and promotes diversity and acknowledges that difference brings value to our business. We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome an application from you regardless of your race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. We believe in creating an even playing field for all of our colleagues, where we can all belong.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Unfortunately we are unable to provide any form of visa sponsorship, so candidates must be a UK/Irish citizen or already possess a current UK Working Visa.