Accounting & Business Advisory Supervisor/Assistant Manager
As one of the world’s largest networks of audit, tax and consulting firms, RSM delivers big ideas and premium service to help middle-market businesses thrive. We are a fast-growing firm with big ambitions – we have a clear goal to become the premium adviser to the middle market, globally. This vision touches everything we do, motivating and inspiring us to become better every day. If you are looking for a firm where you can build a future and make an impact, then RSM is the place for you.
Overall job purpose
This exciting role is to join the Accounting and Business Advisory (ABA) team in the London region.The ABA team are responsible for the preparation of accounts for clients at all levels from large corporates to SME’s. Much work is done for the client on the year end statutory accounts in advance of their submission or audit and therefore a strong understanding of Financial Reporting Standards, LLP SORP and UK GAAP is essential.
Ideally, the successful candidate will be qualified or part-qualified either as ACA or ACCA and be able to demonstrate good experience in financial reporting.
RSM is the market leader to mid-market clients and the development of our people is fundamental to RSM. The opportunity for further progression with the firm exists if a successful candidate can demonstrate their talent, potential and a desire to participate in RSM’s leadership development programmes.
- To ensure that jobs are completed to the highest standard, within the agreed internal budget for the job and to discuss all material points arising on the assignment with the manager / partner and client.
- To plan assignments in accordance with the firm’s standard procedures and confirm arrangements with the client, including likely costs and billing arrangements.
- To take the hands on supervisory role on assignments as and when required.
- To brief junior staff on the client’s business and the pre-assignment instructions, to supervise and control the completion of work, and to undertake ‘on the job’ training and provide feedback where necessary.
- To implement the firm’s review and completion procedures, to attend the final meeting with the client and to ensure that the client subsequently receives the final accounts, management letter and adjustment to opening balances on a timely basis.
- To liaise with the client throughout the year and to practice the principles of excellent client service at all times.
- To ensure that appropriate liaison takes place with all other departments, mainly audit and tax, and that all potential client needs are identified and serviced accordingly.
- To develop a detailed knowledge of the firm’s specialist services, actively look for opportunities to cross sell, and to undertake special work in response to client needs where appropriate.
- To maintain an advanced level of technical knowledge through appropriate reading and courses, and to fulfil any development or training requirements.
- To be involved in any other administrative departmental and office issues as deemed appropriate.
The role requires:
- An ACA / ACCA qualified or part-qualified individual or someone with equivalent experience
- A good understanding of UK financial reporting requirements including LLP SORP
- Experience of preparing FRS 102 and FRS 102 S1A statutory accounts
- Experience of preparing consolidated accounts and cash flow statements
- Experience of Solicitors Accounts Rules would be beneficial but not essential
- A keen eye for detail is required with the ability to apply common sense
- Strong communicator with a proven experience of building strong client relationships in a client-facing role
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Competent and effective use of Microsoft Office
- Ability to navigate various accounting and bookkeeping packages such as CCH, Sage, and Xero
At RSM, we want to create a strong sense of belonging so that people of all identities, backgrounds, and cultures feel they can bring their true self to work. Our clients come from all walks of life. We aim to achieve that same diversity of background, experience and perspective in our own teams, so that we can genuinely understand our client’s needs. Diverse teams bring a broader range of ideas and insights to work. That’s why we’re working together to ensure our firm’s principles and processes support a firm culture that embraces difference and strengthens inclusion.
At RSM we work hard to create an environment where our people can make a difference - to themselves, their career, their teams, and to the success of our firm and clients. We support all our people to work flexibly, to manage their family and other responsibilities alongside their work commitments; we believe this is key to achieving an inspiring and fulfilling working environment.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.