Financial Accountant - Technical & Policy
Financial Accountant- Technical Accounting & Policy
Are you a Technical Accountant with a deep understanding of accountant standards and external reporting? Do you thrive working in a fast paced environment where no two days are the same? If you’ve said yes to majority of these, then we have the perfect role for you here at Primark!
At Primark, you will be joining a team of over 200 Financial experts, supporting our business on a Global scale across existing markets and as we expand into new markets at a rapid pace. Our teams are empowered to make the key decisions for the finance function and business.
You will get the opportunity to decide how you balance your work and life commitments getting the chance to combine how you work whether it be at home when you need some focus time or in an exciting work environment in Dublin city centre when you want to collaborate with your colleagues.
- Attention to detail. You’ll be involve in the preparation and analysis of periodic financial and management accounts, control of a number of accounts and you’ll need to prepare these for a number of international entities. This means being precise in making sure each account is up to date and correct.
- An analytical mind. You’ll be involved in a lot of the reporting here, so you’ll need to analyse the figures and present your findings to your wider team and leadership.
- Commercial awareness. Being aware of the industry and the trends will help with decision making and advising on business changes.
- Confident communicator. You will be working in implementation of these key projects, working cross functionally across Finance, Technology, Buying & Merchandising, Retail Operations and more, developing strong relationships with key stakeholders within the business.
- Teamwork. You will be working as part of a team of accountants, reporting into the finance manager, while you will have ownership and autonomy over your own work, we work in a people focused and collaborative environment, and support across the team will be expected to ensure we perform to the highest of standards.
- Process Driven: A key aspect of the role will be developing accounting policies for Primark, as well as supporting on technical accounting issues as they may arise within the projects
Why work with us?
There’s the competitive salary, of course. Our team covers many different countries, giving you the opportunity to work with colleagues from all over the world. We give our people more responsibility, and the freedom and space to grow and do things their way. You’ll also receive some benefits you wouldn’t expect such as flexible and hybrid working opportunities, in store discounts and much more! What’s more, you’ll also be part of a busy, friendly work environment with a gym, café, restaurant, book club, running club and plenty of open space to think.
So, if you have the right experience and want to take the next step in your career, why not find out more by applying now!
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.