R&A Financial Accounting and Controls Senior Analyst
If you are driven by passion for delivering results through collaboration and innovation, this is a role that will help you advance your leadership skills as it brings out the best in people in helping test the boundaries of what is possible. You will grow in a supportive team powering the lives of millions by being a key contributor to the Powering Progress Strategy.
Sectors and Decarbonisation (S&D) in the Americas region believes that a lower carbon offering of products will increase our profitability and sustainability in the region. The transformation into a provider of sustainable, low carbon energy solutions in the next 5-10 years, with Investment Plans of ~$1.4B, will result in significantly massive capital expenditure (CAPEX) spend and market growth that may include new ventures, tap on new technologies and disruptive business models.
This business direction will require a Reporting and Analysis Senior Analyst that has strong base in complex accounting, experience in IFRS and GAAP reporting, regulatory requirements, Joint Venture accounting and deep level of understanding Downstream (DS) Reporting landscape.
This position will report to SOPUS Controller and provide support in growing and emerging businesses under S&D such as Renewable Natural Gas, New Energies, and Hydrogenated Ester & Fatty Acids (HEFA) located in US Gulf Coast.
Senior Analyst will highly involve in Project-to-Asset (P2A) activities to ensure operational readiness from set up to run-and-maintain, in varying entities, with different go-live timelines. This will ensure compliance to IFRS and GAAP reporting, regulatory and government requirements, manage possible material error in financials, enable upfront exploration of digitalization/automation opportunities and process improvements.
- Delivers process and entity requirements for projects, including but not limited, to project scoping, design, build, knowledge management, testing, cutover, hyper-care, and ramp-down/residual activities.
- Works and collaborates with other R&A FAC MLA teams, as well as FiB, FP&A (Chennai), PMG, and other FO in delivering step-by-step portfolio requirements that touches on R&A FAC.
- Represents entity to business, center-wide, and/or process-wide governance, cadences, and stage gates with as needed, and other PMG-driven requirements.
- Serves as primary focal point on all projects or program support related activities for change-and-engage and project governance requirements; responsible for cascade of updates to entity-process team.
- Serves as capability building and knowledge management arm for S&D portfolio to de-risk all processes, program/tools, and controls, while ensuring knowledge is retained and expertise are built in the long-run (amidst ramp-down and turnovers).
- Shall be responsible for project financial close-out Project-to-Assets, materials management support, etc., as well as Master Data requirements.
- Develops continuous strategies to identify Continuous Improvement opportunities and sharing of knowledge/learning among team members and shall drive digitalization requirements where necessary.
- Performs thorough analysis of unique and complex accounting issues for due diligence and proper accounting treatment.
- Acts as country R&A representative on technical changes to the system, IFRS changes and other group initiatives outside standard operational scope.
- Coordinates MEC/QEC (Fixed Assets activities, review, make SAP entries, Extract SAP data). Responsible to correct and timely results recording & reporting in ERP. Produce Monthly Group (R1), MI (SFS/CAPIN/OPEX) and Annual Statutory Report.
- Ensures monthly and quarterly financial reporting processes, as well as ensuring balance sheet reviews, are accomplished; shall be in charged with intercompany billings, MJEs, and write-offs.
- Degree in Finance/Accounting or Professional Qualifications with 3-5 years related working experience.
- Working knowledge & experience in SAP is an added advantage.
- Experience in handling end to end audit/local statutory reporting is an added advantage.
- Broad knowledge of financial accounting requirements (Proficiency in financial accounting practices and IFRS standards).
- Good analytical skills, meticulous and able to work independently & prioritize well.
- Results oriented, fast paced, resourceful and proactive.
- Strong stakeholder management and business partnering skills
- Proficient in Microsoft applications especially Excel.
- Resilient and able to deliver under pressure.
- Accounting and Reporting – Skill
- Corporate Treasury – Knowledge
- Financial Controls – Knowledge
- Finance Process Excellence – Knowledge
- Governance and Assurance - Skill
- Financial Planning and Appraisal - Knowledge
- Finance Input to Joint Ventures - Knowledge
- Tax – Direct, Indirect, International Tax Policy - Knowledge
- Value Management - Knowledge
- Risk Management - Knowledge
- Process Analytics – Basic
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Shell/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.