Consultant, Fin Reporting
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust, a Fortune 500 company, is a globally recognized, award-winning financial institution that has been in continuous operation since 1889.
Northern Trust is proud to provide innovative financial services and guidance to the world’s most successful individuals, families and institutions by remaining true to our enduring principles of service, expertise and integrity. With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 22,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
The Financial Reporting Consultant supports the Australian Investment Accounting team and is responsible for monthly, quarterly, half-yearly and annual financial reporting, regulatory reporting and tax reporting to a diverse range of investment manager and superannuation fund clients.
Your day to day tasks will be the preparation and review of financial statements and templates, preparation and review of Trust distributions, Superannuation fund tax provisions, tax returns and BAS returns. You will manage audit queries to resolution and establish a level of client knowledge ensuring all requirements are met and allow the team build the relationship further.
You will report to the Manager of Financial Reporting and Tax.
What you will do:
- Provide a high level of client service, and be the first point of contact in relation to all accounting and tax queries for an allocation of clients
- Preparation and review of Financial statements and templates
- Proactively seek to identify and improve current core processes and procedures, ensuring they are updated with changes in regulations and industry trends
- Work closely with other teams to achieve client reporting objectives – Unit Pricing, Business Process Analysts, Client Services, Operations and Technology
- Work closely with Financial Reporting and Tax manager on new product developments and process improvement projects
- Help manage new client onboarding process as it relates to Financial reporting and Tax
- Provide oversight of off shore teams’ output and performance
- Assist in the management and development of the Financial Reporting and Tax team
- Ensure sufficient risk management controls are in place and adhered to Northern Trust compliance standard
- Experience working within a Custodian, Superannuation fund, or Investment Manager accounting/tax team
- Technical understanding and practical application of accounting and tax concepts as they relate to
- Managed Investment Schemes (MIS’s) and Superannuation funds
- Demonstrated understanding of the application of Australian Accounting Standards as they relate to MIS’s and Superannuation funds, and the different assets they invest in
- Demonstrated understanding of the application of Australian Tax rules as they relate to MIS’s and Superannuation funds, and the different assets they invest in, and an understanding of different trust structures and entity types
- Demonstrated understanding of the application of regulatory reporting requirements – APRA, ABS, BAS, PAYG
- Strong excel skills and the proficiency in utilizing Financial statements and tax reporting system tools
- Accounting/Commerce/Finance degree qualified ideally with a CA or CPA
- Relevant experience in a similar role
Working with us:
As a Northern Trust partner, greater achievements await. You will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture in an organization where financial strength and stability is an asset that emboldens us to explore new ideas. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company committed to assisting the communities we serve! Join a workplace with a greater purpose.
We have a balanced hybrid working model to ensure you get the flexibility you need, and the successful candidate will spend their time between working in the office and working from home.
In Australia, we are actively involved in many ways with both community and diversity organisations, which includes paid volunteer days. For families, we offer a very generous parental leave scheme, and all staff have access to subsidised health insurance if they choose.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today!
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email our HR Service Centre at MyHRHelp@ntrs.com.
We hope you’re excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.