Capital Connect - Business Manager Associate
Business Management optimizes business performances by helping to drive key initiatives. We act as trusted advisors and counterweight to Business/Group Heads, and are responsible for identifying, escalating, and mitigating business risks. The role of a business manager is dynamic and can vary from business to business, in line with the priorities of the different lines of business.
As Business Manager for Capital Connect, your focus will be to drive new business features whilst executing on day-to-day deliverables, representing the business across a range of support groups including Operations, Technology, Finance, Risk, P&A, HR, Legal, Compliance and Control & Oversight. The candidate must be a self-starter, be self-motivated and able to communicate effectively.
- Project manage and deliver key work streams and tasks to support key initiatives within Capital Connect
- Provide a high level of responsiveness to executive ad-hoc requests related to project management, presentation development, and business analysis
- Organize complex information in a strategic and compelling way, demonstrating strong design acumen and expertise in Excel and PowerPoint techniques for management presentations, reports, and dashboards
- Communicate effectively with key business partners to understand projects and drive next steps
- Identify key business risks on the platform and drive resolution of mitigating controls
- Support audit, regulatory and compliance deliverables; help drive specific action plans and deliverables within the Risk Control Self-Assessment (RCSA) framework
- Participate in collaborative initiatives with team members and global managers, looking for ways to continually simplify, improve, and add value to existing business processes
Required Qualifications, Capabilities and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Economics, or other related area
- Excellent communication, organization and project management skills
- Intermediate to advanced level ability in all MS Office tools (Excel, PowerPoint, Pivot Tables)
- Self-motivated, tenacious, and able to work with high degree of independence
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proven experience delivering timely, high quality presentations and/or reporting for various projects and stakeholders. Attention to detail with continuous focus on design excellence
- Strong time management and prioritisation skills
Preferred Qualifications, Capabilities and Skills
- Prior experience in Business Management or COO role would be beneficial
- Demonstrated ability in dealing with different stakeholder groups and driving the agenda
- Ability to articulate and demonstrate thoughtful rationale in design decisions
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
About the Team
The Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across investment banking, wholesale payments, markets and securities services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. We provide strategic advice, raise capital, manage risk and extend liquidity in markets around the world.
Global Finance & Business Management works to strategically manage capital, drive growth and efficiencies, maintain financial reporting and proactively manage risk. By providing information, analysis and recommendations to improve results and drive decisions, teams ensure the company can navigate all types of market conditions while protecting our fortress balance sheet.For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.