ETIC, Financial Accounting - Manager
Established in the region for 40 years, PwC has around 8,000 people in 12 countries across the region: Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, the Palestinian territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates.
Our regional team operates across the Middle East bringing international experience delivered within the context of the region and its culture. We can bring the collective knowledge and experience of more than 328,000 people across the entire global PwC network in advisory, assurance and tax to help you find the value you are looking for.
Job Description & Summary
A career within General Consulting services, will provide you with the opportunity to help clients seize essential advantages by working alongside business leaders to solve their toughest problems and capture their greatest opportunities. We work with some of the world’s largest and most complex companies to understand their unique business issues and opportunities in an ever changing environment. We help create sustainable change by stimulating innovation, unlocking data possibilities, navigating risk and regulatory complexity, optimising deals, and aligning costs with business strategy to create a competitive advantage.
- Assumes full responsibility for complex tasks, processes or entities in the area of Financial Accounting and manages stakeholders relevant to the area of responsibility independently.
- Responsible for a subset of P&L and Balance Sheet accounts (i.e. Non-Technical, Technical, Investments) including full ownership of assigned accounts, deals or processes incl. ledger entries, reconciliation and substantiation.
- Ensure closing timelines are met, accounting policies and controls are adhered to. Ensures the effectiveness of Financial Accounting & Closing processes by proposing and implementing improvements to tasks and processes in own team or across teams and challenging non-standard processes. Drives the interactions with related roles such as Financial Reporting and internal and external auditors.
- Demonstrate an expert knowledge of accounting treatment of underlying business products, external and internal transactions in a multivaluation environment and combines methodology with business knowledge
- Demonstrate sound understanding of financial reporting processes, risk and controls.
- Analytical and financial modeling skills with holistic financial thinking and ability to interpret financial data.
- Work collaboratively to drive ideas/solutions with peers and managers which will improve Client and PwC’s efficiency.
- Developing close relationships with key stakeholders
- Managing your own workload, including reporting on progress and issues
- Developing the ability to be agile and support a range of client /projects
- Be able to implement and adapt to new or changing processes quickly.
- Proactively build relationships with all team members within PwC including engagement with client teams as well as customers of our clients.
- Qualified Accountant with a minimum of 6+ years experience in a role relevant to Accounting or Financial Reporting
- 3+ years of people management experience in a complex process environment with cross functional teams and a diverse portfolio of work
- Demonstrate an expert knowledge of accounting treatment of underlying business products, external and internal transactions in a multi-valuation environment and combines methodology with business knowledge
- Significant practical knowledge with accounting/ reporting systems
- Strong understanding of financial reporting processes, with knowledge and experience managing risk and controls
- Good working knowledge of US GAAP, accounting for financial instruments and Insurance/ Reinsurance accounting
- Experience in coaching and coordinating a team to ensure client deadlines are adhered to
- Experience in managing and meeting Key Performance Indicators
- Experience of working collaboratively to drive ideas/solutions with diverse teams to improve efficiencies
- Strong leader who can communicate fluently in English and demonstrate an ability to drive personal and collective accountability from a diverse team.
- Self motivated and independent, and can demonstrate strong relationships with internal and external parties
- Able to handle complex and confidential information appropriately; strong commercial acumen and awareness in daily service provision within its own area of responsibility
- Demonstrates seasoned commercial awareness in managed service provision
- Experience in Insurance /Reinsurance industry
- Exposure to consolidated Balance sheets
- Knowledge of investment products and financial markets
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Government Clearance Required?
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.