Finance Risk & Controls Project Manager
Our Global Finance Risk Management and Controls (FRMC) team support the Global Finance Organisation to meet compliance reporting requirements. For Project&Change pillar of FRMC we are currently looking for agile, high-performing talent, Qualified Accountant with experience in risk management among other areas, to provide support to a diverse range of stakeholders across the organisation. As part of a modern, technology-led function delivering world-class service, you will be well-positioned to learn and develop your skills to progress in your career, laterally and vertically, working in a diverse and culturally rich environment with some of the best and brightest in the field.
Finance Risk & Controls Project Manager
This role provides support for global projects significantly impacting Global Finance such as global process changes, transformations, system implementation or migrations, target operating model (TOM) roll out, and risk mitigation across key processes. This role is a business ‘risk-mitigation’ partner to finance services global process owners (GPOs) or project managers in assessing risks and identifying mitigation controls for various projects (e.g. supporting transformation activities including control ownership changes, knowledge transfer, reviewing updates of key policies, introduction of new tools – Cash allocation, Vendor creation, Vendor portal). The role will also identify opportunities for process simplification, automation and efficiency.
- Partner with relevant project managers or GPOs to ensure adequate risk mitigation robust plans are built by the organization.
- Understand inherent and emerging risks in proposed finance process changes or transformations and ensure that process risks are identified, mitigated, controlled and reported appropriately.
- Being the ‘go to’ person in Finance Risk Management and Controls (FRMC) team for ongoing projects or process design issues for the operations teams and risk management teams
- Understand and escalate requests for changes to control design at all service locations based on the identified gaps, changes in the processes or outputs from data analytics.
- Support identification of rationalization opportunities and ERP application through risk assessment of the proposed tool or new process.
- Interact with key process stakeholders to understand current and emerging business requirements
- Review relevant policies / SOPs for the newly designed processes to ensure process risks and controls are sufficiently documented.
- Ensure process map documentation includes agreed variations for local legal, fiscal or system limitations, including RACI and key controls.
We would like to speak to you if you have these experience and skills:
- Qualified Auditor or Accountant (CA, ACCA, CPA, CIMA, ICAI or equivalent) with at least 5 years post qualifying experience
- Significant experience in finance processes and operations, including a minimum 3-4 years in SOX Compliance; External or Internal Audit, Financial Control and/or Risk Management with a Big 4 audit firm or international corporates.
- Understanding of ERP systems, preferably SAP environment and some experience with Data Analytics.
- Experience of a global business process change project environment and ability to comfortably work in international environment
- Joining a high performing team of finance professionals, who support business in making the right decisions and driving GSK Finance towards best-in-class
- Career with purpose - whatever it is you’re doing, you’ll be sharing our mission to improve the quality of human life, by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer
- Opportunity for professional development in Finance with access to the newest technologies and solutions
- Formal development plans and trainings supporting in development of managerial skills and technical trainings
- Opportunity to be part of complex international projects and change management in supportive business culture
- Competitive salary, bonus plan and healthcare benefits
- Career in leading global healthcare company with modern employer mindset, corporate culture and values
- Supportive & friendly working environment
- Access to the newest technologies and solutions
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.