Country Finance officer
At PwC, we measure success by our ability to create the value that our clients and our people are looking for. Our reputation lies in building lasting relationships with our clients and a focus on delivering value in all we do. We’re a network of firms in 158 countries with more than 236,000 people who are committed to delivering world-class capabilities and quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.
Established in the region for 40 years, PwC Middle East employs over 4,200 people across 12 countries. Complementing our depth of industry expertise and breadth of skills is our sound knowledge of local business environments across the Middle East region. Our tailored solutions help our clients meet the challenges and opportunities of doing business in the Middle East market and beyond.
Job Description & Summary
The country finance support forms a key team within the OneFinance community for PwC ME.
The team is responsible for all day to day finance operations in country and for the smooth running of finance requirements for countries.
- The Job Holder is a key member of the team, responsible for the day to day support and administration required.
- Responsible for performing accounting work according to PwC approved accounting principles, established procedures, departmental guidelines, and regulatory requirements applicable to the work.
- Responsible for supporting the daily finance tasks arising locally in country including country finance processing requirements
- Supporting the Cluster Finance Leader and providing task management as required
- Ensure all country finance matters are addressed and promptly responded to
- Support the on-time and accurate payment of vendors and statutory dues
- Supporting the Job Managers in having client funds allocated timely
- Support the on-time and accurate finance requirements of the country (CSP / COO/ Finance Leader)
- Support the monthly closing of accounts and finalizing monthly accounts
- Respond to ad-hoc requests in a timely manner
- Prepare standardised reports or summaries, and other documentation required
- Preparation of tax and statutory forms at periodic intervals
- Prepare bills for internal cost recoveries
Learning & Growth
- Finance experience in a global business
- Opportunity for continued professional study and development
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Law or related field required
- Part qualified / qualified Certified Accountant or similar preferred
- Fluency in spoken and written English with excellent communication skills, proficiency in Arabic is an advantage
- 2+ years of accounting experience preferred
- Strong financial, analytical and accounting skills
- Good level of accuracy to a high level of detail
- Good calculation and analytical skills
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills
- Good organisation and office management skills to ensure coverage of workload
- Organization, thoroughness, eye for detail, time management skills and proactivity needed
- Capability to work well in a team
- Good liaison skills
- Good customer service skills
- Strong work ethic
- Ethical Conduct
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.