Senior Manager, Fund Services (Fund of Funds)
We never ask for payment as part of our selection process, and we always contact candidates via our corporate accounts and platforms. If you are approached for payment, this is likely to be fraudulent. Please check to see whether the role you are interested in is posted here, on our website.
ABOUT TMF GROUP
TMF Group is a leading provider of critical administrative services, helping clients invest and operate safely around the world. We provide legal, financial and employee administration through TMF Group’s teams in 120 offices
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
Responsible for managing a team focused on client product delivery for Alternative Investment Vehicles (primarily Venture Capital, Private Equity, Fund of Funds, Real Estate)
- Review of financial statements’ high-risk areas (carried interest, re-allocations/rebalancing, reading footnotes to ensure proper footnote disclosures, and proper consolidation, if applicable)
- Guide managers with regard to discussions on timing and high-risk areas with auditors and tax accountants to facilitate completion of audits and tax returns
- Manage client relationships, ensuring client satisfaction with TMF
- Serving as a resource to clients on complex/technical questions
- Assist managers with development of client product delivery schedule
- Manage, train, develop, and coach operations accountants, staff accountants, senior accountants, and managers.
- Ensure team’s adherence with TMF Group’s confidentiality policies
- Complete performance reviews for direct reports
- Review distribution calculations and distribution letters for high-risk distributions (carried interest distributions/final distributions/tax distributions)
- Read and understand Limited Partnership Agreements to determine how the provisions of the LPAs impact the financial statements, capital calls, distributions, and management fees
- Provide exceptional client service experience, including timely responses to client requests
- Ownership of team’s execution of client product delivery
- Foster and champion potential client needs and communicate potential new business opportunities to Director
- Monitor team’s performance with regard to quality and efficiency (monitor team’s budget vs. actual)
- Preparation engagement budgets and resource requests
- Monitor client billing and collectability
- Assist in developing training program
- Lead innovation and process improvement
- Support for team members as needed
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Successful completion of a college diploma or university degree with a focus in accounting/finance or related business discipline
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Suite, Adobe Acrobat
- Manager experience in public accounting and/or fund administration
- Prior experience working in a multi-client environment is an asset
- Exposure to accounting software packages (QuickBooks, Netsuite, SAP) is an asset
- Excellent at creative problem-solving, analytical, and quantitative skills along with sharp attention to detail, as well as strong time and work management skills.
- Resourceful and motivated to find outside-the-box solutions to everyday client issues.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to continuously prioritize multiple projects in a fast-paced environment with a high degree of flexibility and high level of focus on quality, accuracy
Applications close: 30 Jun 2023 Eastern Daylight Time
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.