Digibank Malaysia Project - Head, Collection Systems
Get to know our Digital Bank Team:
Grab is leading a consortium for Digital Bank licence and building a bank with the right foundation - using data, technology and trust to solve problems and serve customers. We have big dreams to unlock and financial inclusion for people in our region is just one. If you have what it takes, help build our new Digibank with us.Get To Know The Role:
Manage and lead the Collections systems - Debt Manager (DM), Predictive Dialer (ADS) and NICE telephony and recording solutions. Responsible for the smooth running of the systems. Work with the Tech and vendor teams to resolve production issues.
Involved in system projects and change requests for continuous improvement to ensure efficient prevention and recovery processes in Collections. Manage the vendors to ensure smooth delivery and implementation of projects and enhancements within the budget and timelines to achieve the project objectives. This is also to ensure that the systems are always up to date and comply with dynamic business requirements, audit and risk matters, and regulatory change.
Oversees the Collections team and works with the management team to deliver the key deliverables and control the delinquencies.The day-to-day tasks:
- Monitor the daily batches to ensure the strategies and workflows updated
- Review the exception reports for irregularities in the system flow and liaise with Tech and vendor to resolve any production issues.
- Perform data reconciliation to ensure the data are aligned with upstream and updated
- Extract data for reporting and analysis purposes.
- Collaborate with business users to implement best in class strategies to achieve goals and improve recovery efforts.
- Responsible for keeping an updated inventory list of DM licenses and performing periodic review of the access rights.
- Ensure DM manuals are regularly updated with all the latest workflows in production.
- To provide training to the end-users.
- Participate in Bank-wide or Collections related projects to ensure Collections processes are aligned with the Bank processes and also projects for continuous improvement to ensure efficient prevention and recovery processes.
- Work with management, users, tech and vendor to gather requirement and finalize the specifications
- Conduct User Acceptance Test. Document all test results and track outstanding test issues until closure.
- Responsible for implementing the DM enhancements and ensuring successful roll-out.
- System compliance (e.g. conduct Disaster Recovery test and provide timely support for Business Continuity Management connectivity test, ensure timely submission for any compliance matter).
- Project lead to build the predictive dialer system for Collections within the approved budget and timeline
- Manage the system post-live end-to-end together with the tech team and vendors
- Ensure the smooth running of the telephony system used by Collections
- Liaise with the tech team and vendor to resolve any production issues
- Maintain the access rights and privileges granted to the users
- Assist in planning and implementation of the project.
- To document a business case, feasibility study and terms of reference.
- To write up a PMP (Project Management Plan).
- Project budget requisition.
- Facilitate the determination of project scope, goals and deliverables.
- To plan on project tasks and resource requirements.
- Plan and schedule project timelines.
- Identify and mitigate project risks.
- Develop full scale project plans.
- Track project deliverables using appropriate tools.
- Monitor and Manage project budget.
- Monitor and Manage project resource allocation.
- Provide direction and support to the project team.
- Assemble and coordinate project staff.
- Identify and resolve project issues and conflicts.
- Preparing Project Closure.
- Preparing Post implementation review.
- Implement and manage project changes and interventions to achieve project outputs, project evaluations and assessment of results.
- Good knowledge of banking products and processes
- Have a sound understanding of all key aspects of risk management from credit initiation to remedial management.
- Good understanding of system development life cycle process or project management and/or Collections processes would be an advantage.
- Possess strong communications and negotiation skills.
- Possess strong interpersonal and people management skills.
- Resolve issues and manage expectations.
- Knowledge of both theoretical and practical aspects of project management
- Possess strong process and workflow management skills.
- Prepare functional/user specification, test plan and advise business on user requirements.
- Proficient in project management software
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.