ETIC, Financial Reporting - Senior Manager
Established in the region for 40 years, PwC has around 8,000 people in 12 countries across the region: Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, the Palestinian territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates.
Our regional team operates across the Middle East bringing international experience delivered within the context of the region and its culture. We can bring the collective knowledge and experience of more than 328,000 people across the entire global PwC network in advisory, assurance and tax to help you find the value you are looking for.
Job Description & Summary
A career within General Consulting services, will provide you with the opportunity to help clients seize essential advantages by working alongside business leaders to solve their toughest problems and capture their greatest opportunities. We work with some of the world’s largest and most complex companies to understand their unique business issues and opportunities in an ever changing environment. We help create sustainable change by stimulating innovation, unlocking data possibilities, navigating risk and regulatory complexity, optimising deals, and aligning costs with business strategy to create a competitive advantage.
- Manage the activities of a team of Accountants and Analysts across an allocated portfolio of clients, including technical review of the work performed by that team.
- Develop individual team members using on-going coaching, personal development and performance frameworks.
- Manage short and long term operational goals and tactical objectives.
- Ensure SLAs are met and service is delivered to clients as expected.
- Develop, build and maintain relationships with clients.
- Develop, maintain, and update personal knowledge and expertise through appropriate means to ensure understanding of relevant knowledge areas and to identify possible future developments.
- Act as a point of escalation for clients and staff related issues within the team
- Act as an expert in the area of Financial Reporting, assuming full responsibility for complex processes, entities or fields of expertise including financial impact assessment & monitoring, provides advice and manages senior stakeholders across different departments.
- Monitors external and internal developments, assesses the implementation and liaises / lobbies with internal and external stakeholders.
- Responsible for Financial Reporting of P&L and Balance Sheet accounts in all currencies. Analysis of the movements, aggregation of accounting technical & business analysis and explanation to internal clients / stakeholders.
- Demonstrates expert knowledge of accounting treatment of underlying business products, external and internal transactions in a multi currency environment and combines methodology with business knowledge.
- Ensures the effectiveness of Financial Reporting by proposing and implementing improvements to content and processes in own team or across teams and challenging non-standard reporting. Drives the interaction with internal and external auditors in a multi currency environment.
- Experience of shared service/finance managed service environment
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA or equivalent and 9+ years PQE.
- Understanding of continuous improvement and / or cost saving initiatives
- Track-record of establishing and maintaining strong client relationships
- Proactive approach to problem-solving and delivering client solutions
- Able to handle complex and confidential information appropriately; Self motivated and independent; able to work under pressure and meet deadlines; demonstrates basic analytical skills; Demonstrates commercial awareness in daily service provision within own area of responsibility.
- Strong communication skills (English) written and spoken.
- Good knowledge of the MS Office Suite
- Attention to detail and high-quality standards of processes and control environment
- Ability to explain transactional information clearly to non-finance colleagues.
- Experience in Insurance /Reinsurance industry
- Knowledge of US GAAP
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Government Clearance Required?
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.