Senior Business Integration Manager
At BBH we value diverse backgrounds, so if your experience looks a little different from what we've outlined and you think you can bring value to the role, we will still welcome your application!
What You Can Expect At BBH:
If you join BBH you will find a collaborative environment that enables you to step outside your role to add value wherever you can. You will have direct access to clients, information and experts across all business areas around the world. BBH will provide you with opportunities to grow your expertise, take on new challenges, and reinvent yourself—without leaving the firm. We encourage a culture of inclusion that values each employee’s unique perspective. We provide a high-quality benefits program emphasizing good health, financial security, and peace of mind. Ultimately we want you to have rewarding work with the flexibility to enjoy personal and family experiences at every career stage. Our BBH Cares program offers volunteer opportunities to give back to your community and help transform the lives of others.
The Business Integration team ensures that BBH successfully integrates and on-boards new clients or products as part of provider transitions or selections. The Senior Business Integration Manager acts as a senior leader for global management and direction of the Business Integration team, reporting to the Business Integration Department Head in Change Management. The Manager will provide senior support and oversight for our most complex and/or large client on-boarding engagements and is the expected to be the primary escalation point between BBH’s clients (and other third parties) and BBH’s internal Service Delivery community. The Manager ensures that BBH forms a strong first impression of the client experience and is an active owner of issues resolution and team adherence to strong best practices for project direction. The Senior Business Integration Manager is expected to stay closely connected to the “new and different” and the impact on BBH’s capabilities with regard to new demands and changes to service models, investigating and escalating challenges to senior managers throughout the Service Delivery and RE Pillars. The position will have responsibility for managing staff across multiple locations and will set and direct strategic deliverables for the department in partnership with the Department Head.
1. Project Management / Leadership
- Ensure appropriate capture of project pipeline and manage relevant staffing needs for the Business Integration team. Manage resource planning and assignment(s) to projects; develop/follow policies on utilization metrics for staffing.
- Oversee global team engagements and act as the team’s escalation point. Ensure team members are driving for resolution of project deliverables and assist them with resolving conflicts, disputes and major issues.
- Ensure proper oversight of the four phases of a client on-boarding event (Discovery, Planning, Execution, Day 2 Handover).
- Lead and/or direct status conversations with Steering Committees to provide updates to BBH senior management and the Client on project implementation status by work stream..
- Ensure team members are capable of chairing effective project meetings (e.g., stakeholder meetings, client discussions, third party workshops, steering committees, etc.)
- Drive execution of project portfolio. Ensure standards and best practices are adhered to across all team members, including an effective project governance process that is followed for every project.
- Direct, drive and help set strategic planning with Department Head and ensure execution of team deliverables and mandates.
2. Management of the “New & Different”
- Ensure team is cognizant of potential BBH capability challenges (servicing, technology, general readiness) exposed by the new and different and that such events are escalated to project sponsors. Stay personally connected to and invested in the impacts caused by the new and different.
- Work with Product areas and various Committees to share knowledge gained from thematic observations across portfolio of new business.
- Recognize patterns in complex information across multiple service areas and identify key issues, themes and challenges. Aggressively drive for ownership, resolution and effective decision making across stakeholder groups, often with senior audiences.
- Help the team to recognize and evaluate client requests that are outside the standard BBH process and ensure the resolution of said processes through stakeholder groups and senior outreach.
3. Client Servicing
- Act as senior management interface and/or escalation point with both internal and external clients during all phases of key projects.
- Ensure team works effectively with colleagues across the Service Delivery and RE Pillars; leverage personal influence across business areas and project team members to drive toward a common goal; model expected behavior for team members and remain engaged with stakeholders.
- Provide management reporting to both internal and client senior management, including items on the critical path for implementation completion and elevation of issues and concerns
- Lead and chair Project Executive Steering Committee(s) where relevant; participate in senior internal discussions.
Education level and/or relevant experience(s)
- BS/BA degree preferably in a business, finance, or accounting related concentration and/or equivalent work experience; MBA/graduate degree is preferred.
- 10+ years related work experience.
- Financial Services industry knowledge and experience required; deep and broad knowledge of BBH very strongly preferred.
- Strong background in Custody, Fund Accounting, Fund Administration, Transfer Agency or Relationship Management / Client Service support areas preferred; comprehensive understanding of the key roles assumed by Custodians, Fund Accountants, Fund Administrators, and Transfer Agents expected.
- Understanding of and exposure to project management principles, practices, tools and techniques.
Knowledge and skills (general and technical)
- Proficiency with MS Office applications such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Experience with Access, Project, VBA for Excel or Access a plus (not required).
- Project skills: highly organized, values both discipline and flexibility, understands the project lifecycle and delivery practices, exhibits strong leadership for solving disputes and is very comfortable directing others and leading in the virtual space.
- Independence: strong personal drive, ownership and follow through, including comfort with directing staff with a mixture of team-based and individual contributor roles across global locations.
- Creativity: demonstrated problem solving, lateral thinking, strong intellectual curiosity and capability; asks questions; forward looking - sees beyond the immediate/obvious; connects topics, sees themes/trends, etc. and can draw these qualities out in staff members.
- Flexibility/Adaptability: juggle multiple priorities, positive attitude; poised, composed, respectful and confident in the face of challenges; strong ability to grasp and master new skills quickly; unafraid of change and capable of coaching others in this regard.
- Communication: superlative verbal and written communication skills, including demonstrated experience with negotiation and influencing across internal and external stakeholders; strong relationship building skills; highly capable of leading rooms of peers, superiors & subordinates – internal or external – with appropriate influence, edge and authority; expects to take control and lead/model the way; possesses strong consultative and advisory skills; escalates appropriately and keeps sponsors well informed;
- Leadership & Management: experience with steering a motivated and high performing team; sets high expectations and models path to success for team members; active communicator and teacher who empowers and encourages others; competent, contemplative, consistent, honest, accountable; unafraid to get into the details; a strong and active global thinker who demands the best from his/her team.
Other requirements (licenses, certifications, specialized training, physical or mental abilities required)
Travel will be required, but is not expected to be frequent.We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other protected status under federal, state or local law.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.