Team Lead, Financial Control, Hedge Fund Services - Client Dedicated
Who We Are Looking For
Candidate will be an experienced fund accounting (“Financial Control”) supervisor responsible for reviewing the accounting and reporting deliverables for a multi-billion dollar hedge fund client. The candidate will have a proven track record of working well with and leading others in a fast paced and dynamic environment. The candidate will have a strong foundation of U.S. GAAP Hedge Fund reporting requirements, internal controls, and will partner with the client’s Financial Control team to maintain efficient, accurate and highly controlled accounting records.
The candidate will join Northern Trust Alternative Fund Services (“AFS”). This team specializes in administering assets of hedge funds, private equity managers, managed account platforms investing in alternative strategies and alternative fund of funds.
Why this role is important to us
Northern Trust is dedicated to providing the best in class service to its clients. This role is on a high-profile dedicated Client team made up of exceptional performing professionals. At AFS, we aim to provide the best in class service to our clients to maintain our high client satisfaction ratings.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge that excites you!
What You Will Be Responsible For
The Financial Control Team Lead will be responsible for:
- Reviewing the monthly close processes and quarterly/annual financial statements for US GAAP Hedge funds (variety of strategies including fixed income, quantitative, equity, multi-strategy), IFRS international funds (Asia, UK, Ireland) and Broker Dealer entities
- Collaborating with various Northern Trust and Client stakeholders for project initiatives and implementations around key topics including process automation, FinTech implementations, internal technology requirement development and testing
- Developing best practice process documentation and review procedures
- Supervising, training, and mentoring team members for best in class service, with a mindset of developing junior team members through trust and candor
- Serving as key point of contact with client for status of deliverables, reporting changes and quality feedback
- Coordinating and leading collaborative debrief meetings with other team members for quality/efficiency improvements
- Acting as subject matter expert within team for accounting and reporting matters
- Collaborating with internal control specialists to maintain SOC 1 control environment
- Assisting in project planning / resource allocation / prioritization of project initiatives
What We Value
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Strong technical accounting skills including working knowledge of U.S. GAAP, IFRS and Broker Dealer accounting and reporting standards
- Strong analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills (“solutions-oriented” mindset)
- Ability to learn quickly on-the-job and apply knowledge to develop solutions to complex issues
- Client relationship focused (internal and external relationships)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to explain technically complex accounting matters in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and with accuracy
- Bring an ownership mentality toward work with an innate commitment to continuous improvement
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- 5+ years’ of Accounting experience with emphasis in Hedge Fund Accounting
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) preferred but not required
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel. PowerBI, Alteryx and/or VBA a plus
- Knowledge of various tools including Workiva, Wrike, Peoplesoft, JIRA
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of America’s best banks and most sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.