Senior Individual Income Tax Preparer
SENIOR INDIVIDUAL INCOME TAX PREPARER, PERSONAL TAX SERVICES, CHICAGO, IL
The Global Client Tax Services Group provides tax preparation and reporting services to affluent individuals and families, foundations, endowments, estates and corporations. This position is responsible for preparing and/or reviewing the most complex individual tax returns for clients of Northern Trust. This person will ensure that individual clients are in compliance with tax laws and regulations.
- Prepare and review individual income and gift tax returns.
- Interact with clients and their internal/external advisors including personal trust administrators, attorneys, and accountants.
- Represent clients before federal and state tax authorities.
- Interpret new laws and regulations on taxation.
- Provide solutions to the most complex, highly sensitive individual income tax problems.
- Provide direction to less-experienced staff and conduct training sessions, as needed.
Knowledge and Skills
- Advanced written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills to engage with clients, colleagues, third parties and tax authorities.
- Familiarity with CCH Axcess or ProSystem fx Tax preferred.
- Adaptable and analytical thinker.
- Work both independently and as part of a team with professionals at all levels.
- Intellectual curiosity, initiative, personal organization, motivation, and ownership of one’s work.
The successful candidate will benefit from having the following competencies:
- 3-5 years of related tax experience is required.
- A minimum of three years of experience in public accounting is required.
- Individual income and gift tax preparation knowledge are required.
- Experience in tax preparation for High-Net-Worth individuals is preferred.
- Candidate is required to be a licensed CPA or an Enrolled Agent.
- Master of Science in Taxation (MST) is a plus.
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of America’s best banks and most sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.