Director - FS Audit Insurance
Director - Financial Services Audit Insurance
Department: Financial Services Audit
Employment type: Permanent
Ready for a new challenge? Then become part of a firm that does things differently.
Grant Thornton is one of Ireland’s largest growing professional services firms and plan to continue developing and growing over the coming years. We provide the edge where our people can grow personally and professionally. With 8 offices in Ireland and the Isle of Man, with in excess of more than 2500 employees, our people are our brand and they shape the growth strategies of our client.
Our diverse team of people who have ambition, energy, motivation and who share our core values builds the continued success of our business. We have 50 different nationalities working with Grant Thornton Ireland.
Due to ongoing growth, we are looking for a highly motivated individual to join our expandingFinancial Services Auditteambased in Dublin. You will be responsible for managing a significant portfolio of clients. The role involves providing audit and related services to companies and groups operating across a wide range of sectors, in addition to participating in the management of Grant Thornton’s Financial Services Auditgroup.
The financial services industry is a core focus of Grant Thornton. Our Financial Services Audit team consists of country, regional and service line leaders with a wealth of expertise. We have a client base covering Aviation, Asset Management, Banking, Fintech, Insurance and SPV’s.
- Project management - take responsibility for managing a large and varied portfolio of clients
- Promotion and oversight of quality audit work on your client engagements
- Management of client relationships
- Supervising and training junior members of the team to ensure that Grant Thornton’s standards are maintained throughout the entire audit process
- Preparation and presentation of business tenders in order to develop and grow your client portfolio
- Working capital management – manage work in progress and billings
- Client fee negotiation
- Taking full responsibility for managing and reviewing the work of the audit team
Skills and attributes:
- ACA/ACCA qualified
- Minimum 7+ years’ experience
- Experience in Insurance Audit is a most
- Strong technical skills (Irish GAAP and auditing standards. IFRS experience an advantage but not essential);
- Electronic auditing experience ability to motivate and manage staff under tight deadlines
- Ability to make professional judgements based on findings
- Portfolio management experience
- Strong attention to detail and analytical assessment
- Experience working as part of a team supporting others
- Commercial awareness
- Experience gained in a Big 4 accounting firm would be advantageous
- A competitive compensation package with a defined career path
- Training and support from our dedicated learning and development team
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan
- Subsidised healthcare insurance
- Wedding leave
- Hybrid working week – blended arrangement where you can work from home, at the Grant Thornton office or client sites depending on business, client and teams needs
- 3pm finish on Fridays during the summer months and before a bank holiday
Grant Thornton gives you the opportunities, resources and flexibility to create a career that empowers your passion.
At Grant Thornton, our people are at the heart of our business. Our teams are built with a variety of background, cultures, age, gender, gender identity, ability and family types to ensure we have a diversity of thought in everything we do. Grant Thornton is committed to ensuring that every staff member can bring their whole selves to work and that individuality is embraced.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.