Specialist, Fund Administration (Financial Reporting), Hedge Fund Services
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With over 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Job Title: Specialist, Fund Admin (Financial Reporting), Hedge Fund Services
HFS Fund Administration is responsible for providing alternative fund clients with monthly NAVs, annual draft financial statements, and audit and tax support. The Financial Reporting team is responsible for providing financial reporting oversight and accounting policy subject matter expertise, supporting clients in complying with relevant accounting frameworks. The successful candidate will be a seasoned multi-disciplinary expert with extensive technical and/or business knowledge and functional expertise in investment company financial reporting. The candidate will be an ambitious self-starter who has demonstrated the ability to function as an effective and strategic member in a dynamic, fast-paced and demanding environment. This individual will have a strong technical accounting background, significant experience with investment company financial statements and a proven track record of working well with and leading others.
- Act as a subject-matter expert on investment company accounting and financial reporting matters.
- Support Fund Administration client-service teams, with responsibilities including:
- Interact with clients and other HFS Shared Service teams to obtain an understanding of the fund’s activities.
- Review draft financial statements for compliance with the client’s accounting policies and the relevant accounting and regulatory frameworks.
- Engage with the client’s external auditors as necessary, to resolve audit questions.
- Research technical accounting matters relating to complex client transactions and document findings.
- Monitor changes to guidance for investment company accounting and regulatory frameworks.
- Prepare and deliver internal trainings on relevant investment company accounting and financial reporting topics.
- 10+ years of relevant experience in U.S. GAAP investment company financial reporting.
- Strong PC skills, particularly in Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Client-focused; comfortable with client interaction as needed.
- Operates independently; adaptive/flexible style; able to work in a challenging, fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated history of engaging senior-level stakeholders.
- Big 4 public accounting experience.
- CPA (or equivalent) designation.
- Experience with IFRS and other international financial reporting standards.
- Experience with DFIN Arc Reporting platform.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of America’s best banks and most sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.