Restructuring Manager - Financial Services Advisory
We are Grant Thornton. We go beyond business as usual, so you can too.
Grant Thornton Ireland (GT) has over 2,500 people in 10 offices across Ireland, The Isle of Man, Gibraltar, and Bermuda, with a presence in over 130 countries around the world, and a global network of over 62,000 people.
At GT, we work as trusted advisors, bringing local knowledge and national expertise, with a global presence, to help businesses succeed – wherever they are located. We make business more personal by investing in building relationships and empowering our clients to make the right decisions for their organisation now and for the future. Whether that is working with the public sector to build thriving communities, with regulators and financial institutions to build trust, or with a diverse range of businesses to help them achieve their goals, Grant Thornton Ireland work hard to support clients to act on the issues that matter.
At GT Ireland we don’t just predict your future, we build it.
A Career at GT
Looking for a more fulfilling role in professional services? One where fresh thinking, collaboration and diversity are valued? At Grant Thornton we do things differently.
What does this mean for you?
A career in a more inclusive working environment, a more collaborative work culture, a more supported, flexible working role, more possibilities to grow and more opportunities to help shape the future for your clients. We respect and value your experience. And we want you to bring your authentic self to work and be at your best. It is how it should be.
Grow with us
At Grant Thornton, we care about our people and work hard to make you feel valued. If you are looking to deepen and develop your skills, knowledge, and experience throughout your career, then that is what you will get, and more.
Due to continued growth, we are looking for a Restructuring Manager to join our Financial Services Advisory Department. This role will be attractive to individuals who have experience in the Corporate Restructuring industry and who enjoy working in a dynamic environment where they can make a positive impact by driving quality.
The team works on a diverse range of corporate assignments including liquidations, examinerships and administrations. As a Manager within the team, you will have a lead role on such cases, taking responsibility for certain deliverables.
Successful candidates will have experience of corporate insolvency in a professional services background and be focused on meeting regulatory and department standards whilst operating in a commercially astute manner.
The role will provide an excellent opportunity to build a long term and successful financial services career, and offers industry-leading opportunities for professional development and progression.
- Manage a variety of corporate restructuring and insolvency projects;
- Assess alternative strategic options and devise effective solutions for the realisation of diverse tangible and non-tangible assets;
- Liaise with legal advisors, sales agents and other professionals in order to progress appointments and realise assets;
- Prepare and review reports for stake-holders and creditors;
- Prepare and review cash flows, budgets, receipts and payment accounts and outcome statements;
- Determine creditor claims and rankings e.g. secured, preferential or unsecured / retention of title;
- Oversee administration of insolvency processes e.g. returns to Companies’ Registration Office, notices of meetings, creditor proxies;
- Prepare and review basic tax returns (VAT and corporation tax), seeking assistance from the Tax Department where necessary;
- Manage solvent subsidiary companies including realisation of assets and completion of financial statements and annual returns;
- Oversee all dealings with employees of subject companies, including relevant payments and ongoing supervision if necessary;
- Ensure all work is in accordance with relevant legislation, industry guidance and departmental standards;
- Manage staff to ensure assigned projects and tasks meet required deadlines and quality expectations; and
- Mentor and develop junior staff – our people and their careers are at the centre of everything we do.
Skills and Attributes
- Ideally ACA / ACCA qualified or hold an equivalent professional qualification;
- 5-6+ years’ relevant corporate insolvency experience in a practice environment;
- Possess good working knowledge of insolvency legislation and legal precedents;
- Self-confident with strong interpersonal skills and an ability to build rapport at all levels;
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal;
- Commercially aware with an ability to assimilate facts and make decisions based on same;
- Highly motivated, demonstrating a strong enthusiasm to take ownership of tasks and deliver work of exceptional standard;
- Excellent organisational and planning capabilities with an ability to manage a number of tasks, work under pressure and coordinate the work load of more junior staff members;
- Ability and desire to provide guidance to others; and
- Excellent attention to detail.
Life at GT
Reward and benefits:
Our reward and benefits are designed to create an environment where our people can flourish. We are committed to building a culture where our people have access to the necessary benefits to help promote a healthy lifestyle and thrive.
Inclusion and diversity:
Included and valued for your difference is how everyone should feel at work. Not just because it is right, but because we are all at our best when we are able to be ourselves. So, when you join Grant Thornton, we will work hard to ensure that is how you feel. We want you for who you are. We are excited to see the personality and perspectives you will bring to our team because we know we will all benefit from them.
Diversity of thought, background and experience enables better decision-making, improves the quality of our delivery, and helps us to meet the needs of our clients. Our firm is built on people and their ideas, so we want to hear all the new perspectives and fresh thinking you have to offer.
We want to create a culture of recognition and celebrating success, by saying thank you to people who surpass our expectations and recognising the right values and behaviours. Our Shout Out recognition scheme is our way of highlighting and promoting achievements. Whether you simply want to say thank you, celebrate a special occasion or give an award for doing something exceptional, you can do all of this and more through the scheme.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.