Proxy Voting Choice Program Specialist - State Street Global Advisors, AVP
Why this role is important to us
State Street Global Advisors (SSGA) is a global leader in institutional asset management, entrusted with more than $4.14 trillion in assets. We partner with many of the world’s largest, most sophisticated investors and financial intermediaries to help them reach their goals through a rigorous, research-driven investment process spanning both indexing and active disciplines. We employ more than 2,300 people globally in 20 countries; have 10 investment centers across the Americas, Europe and Asia, and have live, 24-hour trading desks in Boston, London and Hong Kong.
We are looking for a Proxy Operations Program Specialist to join the Investment Operations team in Boston, MA starting immediately.
As Proxy Voting Choice Program Specialist, you will be responsible for the following but not limited to:
Investor Relations / Business Development
Participation in firm-wide program to enhance proxy voting capabilities across State Street Global Advisors:
- Contribute to development of revised proxy voting operating model
- Coordinate program work with stakeholders from across SSGA to define future workflows
- Engage with external vendors to define requirements for the program
- Coordinate internal communication and business workflow as it impacts Investment Research, Accounting, Operations, and other departments
- Understand impacts of fund events on product content (launches, closings, ad-hoc changes, annual updates).
Management of operational processes within the firm’s proxy voting program:
- Participate in client onboarding events
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements by region
- Timely and accurate reporting
- Coordinate content disclosures and marketing materials
- Collaborate with internal Portfolio Management, Asset Stewardship, Compliance, Legal, and Business Controls teams in managing an effective Investor Choice Program
- Interact with service providers
- Participate in client meetings to be available as a subject matter expert and lead responses for client queries
- Develop metrics and service levels, reporting requirements, identify trends
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- 5+ years of industry experience in financial services and regulated pooled funds.
- Background in proxy and operational voting processes
- Bachelor’s degree required. MBA, CFA, or CAIA preferred
- Understanding of various global regulatory environments, Mutual Funds, ETF, UCITS, SICAV experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to effectively communicate across all levels.
- Ability to lead, build relationships with SMEs, influence others, and manage projects.
Are you the right candidate? Yes!
We truly believe in the power that comes from the diverse backgrounds and experiences our employees bring with them. Although each vacancy details what we are looking for, we don’t necessarily need you to fulfil all of them when applying. If you like change and innovation, seek to see the bigger picture, make data driven decisions and are a good team player, you could be a great fit.
About State Street Global Advisors
What We Do. As the asset management arm of State Street Corporation, State Street Global Advisors has served the world’s governments, institutions and financial advisors for over four decades. With a rigorous, risk-aware approach built on research, analysis and market-tested experience, we build from a breadth of active and index strategies to create cost-effective solutions. As stewards, we help portfolio companies see that what is fair for people and sustainable for the planet can deliver long-term performance. And, as pioneers in index, ETF, and ESG investing, we are always inventing new ways to invest. As a result, we have become one of the world’s largest asset managers with trillions of dollars under our care.
Our Mission. At State Street Global Advisors our mission is to invest responsibly to enable economic prosperity and social progress. We are driven by a desire to help our clients, and those who rely on them, achieve a better future. We have a long history of developing innovative investment strategies to provide our clients with reliable and transparent returns, cost-effectively, and without excessive risk.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to Flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Company: State Street Global Advisors
$70,000 - $115,000 Annual
The range quoted above applies to the role in the primary location specified. If the candidate would ultimately work outside of the primary location above, the applicable range could differ.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.