Senior Controlling Specialist
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You'll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter's products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives—where your purpose accelerates our mission.Summary:
Regional Senior Controlling Specialist is part of the Accounting Centre of Expertise (CoE) for the region.
The role of the Accounting CoE is to ensure the accuracy and integrity of US GAAP and statutory financial statements for entities across the ECEMEA.
Person in this position provides expertise in complex accounting matters and decisions and builds a strong partnership with Baxter Business Services (BBS), local country finance, commercial and other functional organizations to support financial and accounting processes in compliance with US GAAP and statutory requirements and company’s policies and procedures.What will you be doing?
- Supporting the CoE Controller and the team in executing US GAAP, statutory, tax accounting and reporting for the entities in scope, ensuring completeness, accuracy and timeliness of the reporting.
- Ensuring adherence of processes to the company's policies and procedures, internal and external audit requirements and local rules and regulations, supporting the strengthening of financial processes and controls.
- Working closely with BBS and Service Delivery partners in the execution of end-to-end finance processes.
- Supporting resolution of accounting and tax issues.
- Supporting local, regional and global projects by providing financial support to such projects.
- Performing balance sheet reviews.
- Supporting internal and external audit processes.
- Maintaining focus on continuous process improvement.
- A professional with a minimum of 4 years of relevant experience in a multinational environment and/or audit with proven experience in a multinational environment.
- An expert with solid knowledge of US GAAP and tax matters.
- Excellent communicator with diplomatic skills, flexibility and a“can do” mindset.
- A person with strong knowledge of reporting tools and MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint (experience in JDE would be an advantage).
- In terms of education: Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting, part-qualified ACCA/CIMA/CPA or equivalent.
- And of course, fluent English speaker with strong reporting tools knowledge including MS Excel.
- Probation period of 3 months and then for an indefinite period.
- Competitive salary, annual bonuses, recognition award program.
- Corporate culture based on our values: collaboration, speed, courage and simplicity.
- Possibilities for development on a personal and professional level in one of the leading global MedTech companies.
- Package of benefits including Private medical care (Lux Med), Life Insurance, Multisport card.
- Bax4U - cafeteria/lunch cards (300 PLN monthly).
- PPE program with very attractive conditions available for each employee after 3 months.
- Fully covered language courses (English or other languages according to business needs).
- Co-financing of holidays and an additional 2 days off from work annually.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan.
- Great Warsaw office location - Powiśle!