Intern - Assurance, Financial Accounting Advisory Services (Financial Services), Summer 2023 1
Join our Quantitative Analytics and Treasury Services (“QATS”) practice within the Financial Services- Financial Accounting Advisory Services (“FAAS”) and you’ll assist our clients to address the various quantitative and treasury challenges facing their business. You’ll be part of a team that provides quantitative services in valuation of financial instruments, private equity investments and credit modelling for financial institutions, and the treasury services that leverage analytics, automation, and innovation to build a stronger and more efficient corporate treasury function for our client.
You will experience, through interactions with internal and external clients, together with exposures to various industry sectors (e.g. banking, transportation, commodity, utilities, oil & gas, e-commerce, fintech and etc).
Your internship experience will be to assist the assistants/seniors:
- Assist in daily independent valuation of financial instruments to private equity investments
- Assist in reviewing of client’s valuation model, and in performing independent verification and validation of the pricing model and underlying assumptions/parameters
- Perform sensitivity analysis against various risk factors
- Assist in documentation of testing results and findings
- Credit Modelling
- Assist in model development and model validation of credit risk models for Basel and IFRS 9 purposes
- Assist in identifying sources of model risk through comprehensive review of all model components and developmental evidence, and in challenging the assumptions andthe basis of which the components are being derived
- Assist in using data analytics or statistical modelling methodologies in performing validation, and in producing results to be analyzed from statistical as well as business perspective.
- Assist in documentation of model validation reports and/or presentations
- Get involved in discussions on treasury consulting work to understand the objective of the work, key tasks to be performed, and the expected deliverables.
- Assist in delivering high-quality work by supporting a broad range of Treasury projects which may include liquidity management, cash flow forecasting, risk management, Treasury technology, post-merger integration and organizational design
- Execute the assigned tasks on hand and regularly update your supervisor or senior members on the progress.
- Assist in documentation of findings and/or presentations, which may contain the approach and methodology adopted in the assessment, the explanation behind the assumptions adopted, and the assessment results.
- Project Management - Contribute to managing projects which includes packaging overall project findings into clear, concise and high-quality deliverables
What we look for
- You have an agile, growth-oriented mindset. What you know matters. But the right mindset is just as important in determining success. We’re looking for people who are innovative, canwork in an agile way and keep pace with a rapidly changing world.
- You are curious and purpose driven. We’re looking for people who see opportunities instead of challenges, who ask better questions to seek better answers that build a better working world.
- You are inclusive. We’re looking for people who seek out and embrace diverse perspectives,who value differences, and team inclusively to build safety and trust.
- Pursuing university degree related to finance, financial engineering, quantitative finance, accounting, economics, statistical maths or equivalent.
- Ability to work with complex and detailed information.
- Experience and/or demonstrated ability in time management and adaptability to change under pressure to build effective relationships at all levels.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and relationship building.
What’s in it for you
- Accelerate your technical capabilities through a wide range of experiences and transformative leadership skills with future-focused courses and development programs.
- Broaden your horizons by working with highly integrated teams across the globe and collaborate with people of diverse backgrounds — both professionally and culturally.
- Bring out the best in yourself with continuous investment in your personal well-being and career development.
- Develop your own personal purpose and help us create a positive ripple effect on our teams, our business, clients and society – building a better working world, together.
What you can expect
- Candidates may expect a virtual/on-site interview.
Please note that for your application to be considered, you are required to upload the following documents, together with your online application:
- Detailed Resume
- Copy of Highest Academic Certification and Transcripts
Please note that applications are shortlisted on a rolling basis.
We regret to inform that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.