Accountant - 6 months
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking and asset management capabilities. Founded in 1856 and headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, Credit Suisse has expanded to be a global force employing over 45,000 people from over 150 nations, based across 50 countries. With new leadership, a new strategy, and a streamlined global organization, we are set for growth. We collaborate across businesses, divisions, and regions to create innovative solutions to meet the needs of our clients—and to help our employees grow. It is high priority for us to continuously invest in our employees by providing ongoing opportunities for training, networking, and mobility. We are always looking for motivated individuals to help us shape the future for our clients.
We offer you a rare chance to be part of our collaborative, dedicated and highly motivated team that places high value in integrity and taking initiative in a diverse environment.
We believe through this role you will gain a deep knowledge and understanding of the industry while gaining the opportunity to build positive relationships and improve on your personal skills. You will bring a positive personality to our team with strong communication skills, a committed approach, strong sense of ownership and a passion to learn new things
Your field of responsibility
- Represent Legal Entity Finance and overall finance for the Credit Suisse’s Middle East entities reporting to Head of Legal Entity Finance - Middle East & Turkey
- Assist and Lead (as needed) in local entity governance forums including operational and risk committees, LEF EMEA Governance, Tax and Treasury Governance (ALCO) etc.
- Provide inputs to various internal data request for entities. Lead Statutory Audit process and manage relationship with auditors.
- Manage Tax and Regulatory deliverables for Middle East and Turkey Region.
- Support Transfer Pricing team for preparation of local file and any submission required to local authorities in ME&T region.
- Lead the Finance owned regulatory & Statistical return submission process including organisation of review and sign off with CEO/Authorised signatories.
- Help local management with various budgeting, forecasting, monthly PL reporting. Capital Forecast, Planning and support raising of capital whenever required with the support of Group Treasury.
- Manage relationship with Group Finance sub-functions deployed in Pune and review LE numbers and reporting wherever relevant.
- Support New business initiative and Integration Projects from Finance side. Lead Finance in business and regulatory change projects for region.
Your future colleagues
The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) function leads the capital, funding, liquidity and expenses of Credit Suisse to ensure the bank is well-capitalized and has a strong balance sheet. CFO teams engage with business partners across the firm to drive cost efficiencies and growth discipline, and actively prepare the bank for regulatory changes. As a function, CFO is committed to improving the control, quality and efficiency of our information, advice and services.
CFO EMEA has a mandate to:
- Lead the legal entity governance of financial and management reporting, tax, financial and capital planning for the UK Regulated and EMEA Entities.
- Ensure the legal entity CFO areas meet their regulatory obligations for delivering our plans to improve financial systems
This department values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firms D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global cultural values.Your skills and experience
- Accounting and Finance skills
- Understanding of Direct and Indirect Tax concepts
- Understanding of banking products including Private banking and Cash Equity accounting
- Logical thinking and ability to understand the requirement and design the process
- Experience in managing Internal and External audits including governance and timeline management.
- Understanding of Tax and Regulatory aspects of ME&T region
- Understands the value of diversity in the workplace and is dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work.
Your new employer
Find a new home for your skills, ideas, and ambitions! Credit Suisse offers you the ideal environment to progress your career, attractive benefits and excellent training.
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer! Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success. Our bank provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities, as well as those with other needs or beliefs as may be protected under applicable local law. If you require assistance during the recruitment process, please let your recruiter know.Your new employer
Find a new home for your skills, ideas, and ambitions. Credit Suisse offers you the ideal environment to progress your career, attractive benefits and excellent training.
We are a leading wealth manager with strong global investment banking capabilities founded in 1856. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, and with more than 45,000 employees from over 150 nations, we are always looking for motivated individuals to help us shape the future for our clients.
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success. We are committed to building a culture of inclusion with a deep sense of belonging for all of us. We will consider flexible working opportunities where possible. Our bank provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities, as well as those with other needs or beliefs as may be protected under applicable local law. If you require assistance during the recruitment process, please let your recruiter know.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.