Valuation Oversight Senior Analyst - State Street Global Advisors, AVP (Hybrid)
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Advisors, one of the biggest asset managers in the world, that provides services to the world’s governments, institutions and financial advisors across the globe. With over four decades of experience and trillions of dollars in assets under management, we offer one of the broadest selections of services across asset classes, risk profiles, regions and styles. As pioneers in index, ETF, and ESG investing, we are always inventing new ways to invest.
Join us if making your mark in the asset management industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
As an Valuation Oversight Senior, you will:
- Perform and/or review daily/weekly/monthly procedures & controls monitoring the prices utilized for securities held in the funds
- Examine and analyze complex security pricing issues and market events; calculate and review pricing determinations, as applicable
- Assist in the preparation and review of materials presented to the Valuation Committee and Fund Boards of Trustees
- Maintain valuation oversight procedures and recommend changes/improvements as appropriate
- Stay up to date on current market developments and industry standards
- Maintain a highly controlled environment
- Monitor and follow up with vendors on pricing issues
- Interact with third party vendors, auditors and other State Street groups, including client accounting and servicing, pricing and valuation groups
- Assist in ad-hoc projects, as requested
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Deep understanding of valuation of corporate actions and all security types (i.e. equity, fixed income, futures, swaps, options etc.)
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills; results driven with ability to creatively problem solve
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and PowerPoint); Skilled in the use of Bloomberg
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation communication skills
- Highly organized with attention to detail
- Has flexibility to work independently while valuing the benefits of influencing a true team effort
- Proficiency to establish priorities and meet deadlines.
Education & Preferred Qualifications:
- Equivalent to Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or relevant field
- 5-7 years related experience, with direct experience in valuation operations and/or oversight
Are you the right candidate? Yes!
We truly believe in the power that comes from the diverse backgrounds and experiences our employees bring with them. Although each vacancy details what we are looking for, we don’t necessarily need you to fulfil all of them when applying. If you like change and innovation, seek to see the bigger picture, make data driven decisions and are a good team player, you could be a great fit.
About State Street Global Advisors
What We Do. As the asset management arm of State Street Corporation, State Street Global Advisors has served the world’s governments, institutions and financial advisors for over four decades. With a rigorous, risk-aware approach built on research, analysis and market-tested experience, we build from a breadth of active and index strategies to create cost-effective solutions. As stewards, we help portfolio companies see that what is fair for people and sustainable for the planet can deliver long-term performance. And, as pioneers in index, ETF, and ESG investing, we are always inventing new ways to invest. As a result, we have become one of the world’s largest asset managers with trillions of dollars under our care.
Our Mission. At State Street Global Advisors our mission is to invest responsibly to enable economic prosperity and social progress. We are driven by a desire to help our clients, and those who rely on them, achieve a better future. We have a long history of developing innovative investment strategies to provide our clients with reliable and transparent returns, cost-effectively, and without excessive risk.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to Flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Company: State Street Global Advisors
Salary Range:$80,000 - $132,500 Annual
The range quoted above applies to the role in the primary location specified. If the candidate would ultimately work outside of the primary location above, the applicable range could differ.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.