Finance Tax Analyst
Who we are looking for
We are seeking a Tax Analyst to join the Corporate Tax Department. This role will be based out of Boston, MA. The individual will primarily support the Tax Compliance and Tax Reporting functions.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining plays an important role in the overall success of the organization. Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. To make that happen we need teams like yours to help navigate employees and the organization as a whole. In your role you will strive for cutting-edge solutions, that are straightforward and scalable. You will help us build resilience and execute day to day deliverables at our best. Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As a Tax Analyst, your key responsibilities will include the following:
- Assist with the preparation of US federal and state tax returns and supporting calculations
- Preparation of state tax apportionment workpapers
- Preparation and calculation of state estimated tax payments
- Preparation of workpapers to support IRS and state tax audit requests
- Assist in compliance with internal control standards and SOX
- Identify process improvements and assist with implementing change
- Analyze selected transactions for tax purposes as they occur during the year
- Assist with the analysis and documentation of state tax nexus positions
- Special projects and other duties as assigned
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Strong analytical and organization skills
- Highly proficient with spreadsheets, databases, and tax applications including tax preparation software
- Attention to detail
- Takes initiative and has a team player attitude
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Minimum of 3-5 years in public accounting and/or a corporate tax department in industry
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or equivalent and
- CPA or M.S. in taxation preferred
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
Salary Range: $90,000 - $142,500 Annual
The range quoted above applies to the role in the primary location specified. If the candidate would ultimately work outside of the primary location above, the applicable range could differ.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.