Senior Manager/Manager - Payroll Consulting
Whether you’ve just graduated or have years of experience, this is a firm where you can learn and grow.
It’s the PwC experience that stays with you as you build strong networks and make lasting friendships. Be part of a larger team as we work together, drawing on everyone's knowledge and skills to reimagine the possible.
Join PwC today for the experience that stays with you.
Job Description & SummaryPeople & Organization is a growing team that sits as part of Tax advisory practice, where we help our clients to solve important people problems and realise the true value of their human capital function. Our focus is not simply on the compliance aspects of the payroll process, but making sure that the payroll function has strong support, from a governance and controls, technology and people perspective.
We offer the opportunity to be part of a firm that has the purpose of building trust in society and solving important problems, that gives you the opportunity to work with inspiring leaders and talented professionals to deliver outstanding value to our clients in a culture that is diverse, inclusive, collaborative and one that provides exceptional career experience. Our team in People & Organization work alongside our employment tax, global mobility, HR and legal specialists and provide payroll delivery, technical advice, consulting support and project management to meet all our clients’ payroll challenges.
As a team, as part of the clients’ strategic people agenda, we have the vision of raising the profile and potential of payroll in Malaysia. In these times of data analysis, payroll offers a rich source of information and we believe payroll functions can offer real insight to their businesses. The days of viewing payroll simply as a process driven function are past. We advise a range of local, regional and global clients on all aspects of payroll processing and payroll advisory, underlying compliance and governance in various aspects of Payroll operations.
You should be interested in building and showcasing your skill set within the following areas:
- Payroll operating and service delivery model - Aligning payroll capabilities and structure to drive an effective and efficient payroll practices in line with business requirements
- Payroll processes - Understanding the end-to-end of payroll processes, be able to identify gaps in controls, payroll data management (standing data, wage codes, 3rd party transfers, data processing and storage, including data privacy and security) and be able to refine payroll operating processes and reduce costs, or improve payroll service levels
- Payroll compliance – Be able to review the payroll compliance based on the applicable statutory requirements from the three lines of defence ie. Management controls, Management oversight and Independent review / assurance
- Payroll technology in the digital age – Be able to review current payroll technology and identify where there is potential to reduce cost, improve efficiency and make better use of the data held within payroll
- Payroll analytics – Leveraging payroll data and insights to drive decisions on people and organisation requirements. Be able to perform variance analysis on the payroll movements of the client
- Employee experience – Be able to think differently, usage of design thinking to develop payroll practices that engages the mindset and behaviours of payroll personnel
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Develop new skills outside of comfort zone.
- Act to resolve issues which prevent the team working effectively.
- Coach others, recognise their strengths, and encourage them to take ownership of their personal development.
- Analyse complex ideas or proposals and build a range of meaningful recommendations.
- Use multiple sources of information including broader stakeholder views to develop solutions and recommendations.
- Address sub-standard work or work that does not meet firm's/client's expectations.
- Use data and insights to inform conclusions and support decision-making.
- Develop a point of view on key global trends, and how they impact clients.
- Manage a variety of viewpoints to build consensus and create positive outcomes for all parties.
- Simplify complex messages, highlighting and summarising key points.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
- Demonstrate good knowledge of payroll systems, taxation and relevant payroll related legislations
- Minimum 8 years of relevant experience within the human capital domain. Prior consulting experience working with a consulting or software organization, or functioning as an internal consultant in a firm, would be an advantage
- Excellent verbal, written communication skillsand portfolio management skills
- Ability to build business and sustain client relationships from day one
- Collaboration and participation within a highly diverse and inclusive team
- Ability to work independently and lead projects or large streams of work
- Ability to thrive on challenges, multitask and prioritise workload in a fast-paced environment where quality and speed are of essence
- Manage teams to ensure on time, on budget delivery and achievement of outcomes
- Support the sales cycle and help with practice development and eminence building
- Support development of junior consultants by actively guiding them
Additional application instructions
Please attach following documents along with your CV when you submit an online application:
- Certificates and Transcripts, from SPM (or equivalent) onwards
- A copy of your NRIC or passport
- Recent passport size photo
Travel RequirementsUp to 20%
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?No
Government Clearance Required?Yes
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.