This is a part time, maternity cover position for a small accountancy practice based in Birkenhead on the Wirral.
Their clients include sole traders, partnership and limited companies across a variety of industries.
This accountancy practice is based in Birkenhead, close to Hamilton Square train station.The team is made up of 5 individuals who work closely together in a friendly environment.
- Preparing statutory accounts for sole traders, partnerships and limited companies.
- Preparing client VAT Returns for review
- Responding to client queries and providing support to clients.
- Responsible for Bookkeeping and meeting necessary deadlines
- Completing Bookkeeping to trial balance ready for Accounts production
- Reporting to Senior Staff in the office
- Data entry & processing
- Purchase ledger and Sales Ledger management
- Bank reconciliations
- Preparation of VAT returns
- Entering journals for year-end and wages
- Liaising with HMRC
- Any ad hoc duties that would be requested
- A minimum of 2 years' experience working in an accountancy practice in an accounts assistant role.
- Relevant accounting qualifications such as part qualified/qualified AAT.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel.
- Excellent organisational and communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
Part time hours (2 / days a week)
£20,000 - £25,000 FTE
Potential opportunity for FTC extension