Finance Business Partner
We are looking for a Finance Business Partner to join the logistics team to support Next’s warehousing and logistics operations. This operation supports a worldwide online customer base of over 500 retail stores and a growing third party client base - which includes Reiss, Victoria’s Secret and GAP.
This role would suit someone who is fully qualified, has excellent stakeholder management skills and is looking for their next step up to Finance Business Partner.
- The successful candidate provides reporting, analysis and business partnering for our logistics operations.
- Dealing directly with the logistics managers and their teams to ensure costs are correct.
- Working alongside other finance colleagues with the team and operational departments.
- Weekly reporting on operational cost performance with comparisons to plan.
- Participate in weekly calls to discuss costs with the operational management team.
- Prepare and complete monthly accounting entries for the operation software (Total Platform).
- Prepare budgets and monthly forecast updates
- Provide monthly commentary to the team regarding changes to actual and forecast cost performance. Commentary will focus upon the impact of logistics on profitability.
- Provide information and commentary to support client billing requirements.
- Involvement in the financial modelling requirements for any potential new client.
- Support the wider logistics finance team with general finance requirements which may include amongst other things weekly reporting, balance sheet preparation and investment appraisals.
- Eligibility to work in the UK
- Part or fully qualified Accountant (CIMA, ACCA or ACA)
- Excellent IT knowledge – Microsoft Excel is imperative and previous SQL experience would be advantageous
- Ability to analyse and interpret large volumes of information
- Excellent attention to detail with an analytical approach to solving problems
- Strong communication and influencing skills
- Enthusiastic and driven with a real passion for developing yourself
- Commercial awareness and understanding of core business processes
ABOUT USYou know Next, but did you know we’re a FTSE-100 retail company employing over 35,000 people across the UK and Ireland. We’re the UK’s 2nd largest fashion retailer and for Kidswear we’re the market leader. At the last count we have over 500 stores, plus the Next Online and it’s now possible to buy on-line from over 70 countries around the world! So we’ve gone global!
ABOUT SOME OF OUR BENEFITS
- 25% off a huge selection of Next, Lipsy & Victoria's Secret products
- Company performance based bonus
- Sharesave scheme
- On-site Nursery available; OFSTED outstanding in all areas
- 10% off most partner brands & up to 15% off Branded Beauty
- Early VIP access to sale stock
- Access to fantastic discounts at our Staff Shops
- Subsidised restaurant, coffee shop and juice bar
- Access a 24/7 digital GP and other free health and wellbeing services
- Free on-site parking