Manager - Finance (Engagement Management)
DescriptionWhether you’ve just graduated or have years of experience, this is a firm where you can learn and grow.
It’s the PwC experience that stays with you as you build strong networks and make lasting friendships. Be part of a larger team as we work together, drawing on everyone's knowledge and skills to reimagine the possible.
Join PwC today for the experience that stays with you.
Job Description & SummaryA career in Finance, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to help PwC in all aspects of our Finance internal function including financial planning and reporting, data analysis, and assisting leadership with overall strategy. You’ll focus on recording and analysing financial transactions, paying and receiving invoices, maintaining financial statement ledger accounts, and preparing analysis and reconciliations of bills to detect fraud.
We are looking for a highly skilled and detailed-oriented Financial Manager to manage the Engagement Management pillar. You will be responsible for managing the day-to-day client engagement financial related information, ensuring the accuracy and completeness of financial records, and providing financial analysis and support to the business.
The desired candidate is expected to have good self-motivation, attention to detail, result oriented and good interpersonal and communication skills. This is an internal support role.
- Lead and supervise the Engagement Management team on financial activities relating to Engagement Management, including customer records, job codes, client billings, work-in-progress, timecards and accounts receivables
- Manage the billing process for customer engagements, ensuring accuracy and timeliness of invoicing
- Manage the projects and contracts setup and maintenance
- Monitor revenue and the accurate completion and close out of projects and contracts
- Monitor staff’s timecard submission, completeness and related processing matters
- Manage customer collections and credit control to facilitate cash flow management
- Evaluate and implement appropriate controls to ensure data accuracy and completeness
- Ensure strict adherence and compliance to query resolution within stipulated SLA
- Develop, maintain and enforce engagement management related policies, processes and procedures, and ensure compliance with legal and regulatory requirements
- Provide financial analysis and reports to support the business, and to assist management with monitoring / decision making
- Resolve queries both internally and externally relating to engagement management, including liaising with IT or other support functions as necessary
- Engage and educate clients on SOPs to ensure a positive client experience
- Manage system implementation and/or system enhancements and related change management, including user training and communications. This will also involve working with global teams in other time zones
- Drive process improvements and efficiencies through implementation of digital solutions
- Manage the career development of the Engagement Management team, and build sustainable talent pool
- Undertake ad-hoc assignments from engagement management perspectives as directed by the management from time to time
- Collaborate with and support other functions within Finance as needed, and perform other duties as assigned / ad-hoc tasks to support relevant and related business requirements
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Develop new skills outside of comfort zone.
- Act to resolve issues which prevent the team working effectively.
- Coach others, recognise their strengths, and encourage them to take ownership of their personal development.
- Analyse complex ideas or proposals and build a range of meaningful recommendations.
- Use multiple sources of information including broader stakeholder views to develop solutions and recommendations.
- Address sub-standard work or work that does not meet firm's/client's expectations.
- Use data and insights to inform conclusions and support decision-making.
- Develop a point of view on key global trends, and how they impact clients.
- Manage a variety of viewpoints to build consensus and create positive outcomes for all parties.
- Simplify complex messages, highlighting and summarising key points.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or related professional qualifications
- Fluent in English
- Proficient in the use accounting software and applications, as well as Microsoft Office programs and G Suite
- Proficiency in Excel is required. Knowledge of data skills (e.g. Power BI, Alteryx, Google Apps Script) is not a prerequisite, but you will be required to self-learn these tools through internal learning platforms
- Strong accounting knowledge
- Knowledge of Oracle Cloud is an added advantage
Travel RequirementsNot Specified
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?No
Government Clearance Required?Yes
Job Posting End DateSeptember 1, 2023For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.