Analyst, Financial Analysis (Productivity)
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust, a Fortune 500 company, is a globally recognized, award-winning financial institution that has been in continuous operation since 1889.
Northern Trust is proud to provide innovative financial services and guidance to the world’s most successful individuals, families and institutions by remaining true to our enduring principles of service, expertise and integrity. With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 22,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
The Financial Analyst will engage in the periodic reporting and various ad hoc requirements to be determined by the Head of Finance and the Senior Management group. The incumbent will work closely and frequently within a team with partners based both in Manila and Chicago to support the Global Services unit and to ensure the financial goals of the business unit and of Northern Trust are met.
- Perform monthly/quarterly reporting processes which involve, but not limited to, forecasting, P&L variance analysis, and preparation of various reports and presentations to the management focusing on key business factors driving financial performance
- Engage in annual planning which includes, but not limited to, supporting the business unit for the preparation, timeliness and integrity of the annual budget and proactively providing sound and valuable recommendations to stakeholders that would impact key business decisions
- Work closely with the Team Leader and the Manager in identifying process improvements to enhance the productivity and efficiency of the team and in developing financial/business metrics that are vital to stakeholders' decision-making
- Participate in other special projects and ad hoc requirements
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills to evaluate financial results
- Effective written and verbal communication skills to present relevant information to the Senior Management group and to various stakeholders
- Proficiency with Office 365 applications, including Excel, PowerPoint, Access, OneDrive, and Teams, to efficiently perform analyses and communicate financial information to various stakeholders
- Knowledgeable in PeopleSoft, HFM, TM1/Cognos, and other similar systems used in financial reporting, planning and analysis
- Experience with business intelligence analytical tools required to interpret data, perform analyses and communicate financial information to various constituents. Knowledge and experience in Power BI reporting is a plus
- Flexible and a team player
- Ability to work effectively and build relationships in a geographically-blended environment (North America and Manila, primarily)
- CPA a plus but not required.
- 3-6 years of relevant experience in Financial Planning and Analysis, Treasury, Project Analysis, and other relevant functional areas which may cover Accounting, Financial, Management & Statutory Reporting and other Accounting and Finance-related areas.
- Industry knowledge is beneficial
5:00AM - 2:00PM or 4:00PM - 1:00AM, Mondays - Fridays, Hybrid
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, greater achievements await. You will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture in an organization where financial strength and stability is an asset that emboldens us to explore new ideas. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company committed to assisting the communities we serve! Join a workplace with a greater purpose.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today. #MadeForGreater
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email our HR Service Center at MyHRHelp@ntrs.com.
We hope you’re excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.