Accountant- 12 month FTC
About the role:
At Next we have a great opportunity for an Online Debt Accountant to join our Credit & Risk Finance team on a 12 month fixed term bases, based at our head office in Leicestershire. You will report directly to the Debt Finance Manager, working alongside a Finance Analyst. Working in the Credit & Risk Finance team you will be responsible for producing weekly KPI reporting, key management accounts schedules and supporting documentation for presentations to senior managers. Month end is fast paced and you will be involved in posting critical journals as well as preparing and reviewing balance sheet reconciliations for the area to ensure that strict controls exist.
- Produce key management accounts schedules and supporting documentation for presentation to senior managers.
- Produce monthly forecasts and seasonal budgets for Bad Debt, Interest Income and Bad Debt Management costs.
- Maintain the integrity and accuracy of data input into general ledger, mainframe and other systems.
- Prepare and review balance sheet reconciliations for the area ensuring that strict control exists and that balance sheet reconciliations are produced in accordance with the management accounts timetable and procedures.
- Manage and monitor our panel of Debt Collections Agency’s and work with other 3rd parties to deliver recovery solutions.
- Accurately report and explain Online Debtor movements for internal and external reporting purposes.
- Understand and communicate the bad debt charge in the P&L highlighting key drivers / risks to senior management.
- Ensure that the general ledger balances are accurate and comply with statutory reporting requirements.
- Ensure bad debt balances are monitored closely and controlled with detailed reconciliation performed at account level where necessary.
- To drive improvements by developing new or enhancing existing models.
- Provide assistance to management in understanding the wider P&L impacts of the Finance P&L.
- Produce relevant reports including segmental analysis to identify key issues and highlight trends in data including specific suites of reports for management accounts reporting and senior management review.
Procedures & Policies
- Ensure that a full understanding is gained of all business processes related to this area.
- Continually review operational / business policies in relation to the area and ensure routine tasks are clearly documented and all procedures are followed.
- Ensure that all processes are monitored and efficient working practices maintained.
- To plan daily workload, ensuring maximum efficiency.
- To work at an appropriate pace / maintain accuracy when under pressure.
- Safeguard customer data.
- Qualified Accountant – CIMA, ACCA.
- Effective communication and assertiveness at all levels (written & verbal).
- Problem solving skills and logical thought process.
- Strong Excel skills are essential.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to assimilate large volumes of data.
- Ability to act and work using your own initiative.
- Strong team ethic.
You know Next, but did you know we’re a FTSE-100 retail company employing over 35,000 people across the UK and Ireland. We’re the UK’s 2nd largest fashion retailer and for Kidswear we’re the market leader. At the last count we have over 500 stores, plus the Next Online and it’s now possible to buy on-line from over 70 countries around the world! So we’ve gone global!
About some of our Benefits
- 25% off a huge selection of Next, Lipsy & Victoria's Secret products
- Company performance based bonus
- Sharesave scheme
- On-site Nursery available; OFSTED outstanding in all areas
- 10% off most partner brands & up to 15% off Branded Beauty
- Early VIP access to sale stock
- Access to fantastic discounts at our Staff Shops
- Subsidised restaurant, coffee shop and juice bar
- Access a 24/7 digital GP and other free health and wellbeing services
- Free on-site parking
Our aim is to support all applicants during the application process and to provide reasonable adjustments when necessary and requested. If you would like to request support with your application due to any health condition, feel free to get in touch with us by calling us on 0116 284 6858 and leave a voicemail.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.