Manager - Liquidity Policy and Recovery Planning
"At CommBank we are proud to support flexibility, let's discuss what this means for you"
See yourself in our team
Financial Services partner with all areas of CommBank to provide specialist advice on financial management and strategy. This advice covers finance, audit, treasury, investor relations, property and security.
Group Treasury contributes broadly to the strategic planning and management of CBA group-wide balance sheet activities. It is responsible to both internal and external customers and stakeholders.
The Policy and Transfer Pricing team is part of Group Treasury’s Business Partnering function and is responsible for the following:
- Managing the Group Liquidity Policy and framework including providing advice on the application of the Policy, reviewing new business proposals, dealing with regulatory requests and managing the Group’s Contingent Funding Framework.
- Managing the Group’s Recovery Planning process
- Managing Transfer Pricing across the Group, including providing advice on the Group’s Funds Transfer Pricing policies, setting TP methodologies to provide optimal balance sheet outcomes, advising on new business proposals
The position will be responsible for driving key aspects of Group Treasury Business Partnering’s agenda in relation to recovery planning for CBA Group.
Do work that matters
Key responsibilities will include the following:
- Managing the Group’s recovery planning process including the continued development and maintenance of the Group Recovery Plan
- Working with teams across CBA including Group M&A, Group Strategy and CBA business units in defining and developing CBA’s strategic plans through a recovery situation
- Driving and implementing the Group’s annual recovery fire-drill exercise. This includes working with senior stakeholders across the Group and managing the fire-drill exercise with the Group’s senior leadership team
- Managing regulatory responses and consultations with regards recovery and resolution planning
- Additional ad hoc responsibilities in assisting in driving Group Treasury Business Partnering’s strategic balance sheet management activities
- Support the thought leadership and direction of the Group Treasury Business Partnering teams, GM Business Partnering and Group Treasurer
We’re interested in hearing from people who have
- Higher tertiary education with relevant major such as maths, economics, finance or accounting are advantageous
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to explain complex concepts using simple language
- Strong analytical skills, demonstrating independent thought and critical thinking
- Strong financial acumen and an ability to understand and interpret balance sheets
- Strong relationship and stakeholder management skills
- Preparedness to work in a high performing team in a dynamic and fast paced environment
- Previous experience in banking, financial markets, or risk management is advantageous
- Risk Mindset – All CommBank employees are expected to proactively identify and understand, openly discuss and act on current and future risks.
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We’re keen to support you with the next step in your career.
We're aware of some accessibility issues on this site, particularly for screen reader users. We want to make finding your dream job as easy as possible, so if you require additional support please contact HR Direct on 1800 989 696.
Advertising End Date: 04/06/2023
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.