Accounts Assistant Manager
Interested in working with an industry varied client base across the SME market?;Want a career where no two days are the same?;Want the flexibility to work from one of our many offices across the UK?Who are Azets
Azets are a leading firm of Accountants and Business Advisers operating across the UK, Ireland and the Nordics, we have over a wide network of employees and an abundance of inspiring opportunities to join one of our many offices!
We are a top ten accountancy firm in the UK and are the number one largest SME practice.
As an Assistant Manager at Azets, you will have the ability and motivation needed to:
- Own and manage a client portfolio with minimal support from senior staff
- Support in delivering revenue and profitability targets
- Foster enduring client relationships
- Develop and inspire our smarter people plan
Day to day duties
- Work to produce more complex annual statutory accounts for clients while starting to offer advice on best practice and recommendations for partner review
- Provide support to your clients from an accounting perspective
- Work with more junior team members as a mentor to answer day to day queries and guide their journey
- Working both autonomously and as part of a team
- Support and mentor junior members of staff
- Ensure high levels of communication are maintained with staff, line manager and clients
- Complete your own chargeable time budget
- Being aware of expected utilisation % budgets and working towards delivering this
- Careful narration of your timesheet, capturing accurate analysis of work undertaken
- Ensure that all the hours worked are recorded on your timesheet
- Start the fee process
What are we looking for?
- ACA/ACCA/CA qualified (or equivalent)
- Proven experience in a similar role
- Your journey will continue via mentorship by the senior management team to provide soft skills development such as more effective client management and also steps towards staff management
Our benefits include hybrid & flexible working, birthday leave, professional subscription and much more. You can find out more about how we reward our colleagues - Careers | Rewards And Benefits | Azets UK
Interested in hearing more about Life at Azets
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.Unfortunately we are unable to provide any form of visa sponsorship, so candidates must be a UK/Irish citizen or already possess a current UK Working Visa.