Accounting and Financial Reporting Assistant
As one of the world’s largest networks of audit, tax and consulting firms, RSM delivers big ideas and premium service to help middle-market businesses thrive. We are a fast-growing firm with big ambitions – we have a clear goal to become the premium adviser to the middle market, globally. This vision touches everything we do, motivating and inspiring us to become better every day. If you are looking for a firm where you can build a future and make an impact, then RSM is the place for you.
Overall job purpose
To assist Team Members in providing efficient and effective accountancy services to a range of clients, while promoting the firm at all times.Responsibilities
- General bookkeeping for clients, including processing of data on Sage and Xero software.
- Prepare management accounts under supervision to required standard to ensure files are prepared and documented with sufficient evidence for review.
- Preparation and review of VAT returns.
- To treat client staff with respect and courtesy, and to practice the principles of excellent client service at all times
- To ensure quality at all times as directed by the Supervisor/Manager.
- Carry out duties assigned by the Supervisor/Manager efficiently, thoroughly and in accordance with the firm’s procedures.
- Maintain contact with the Supervisor/Manager ensuring they are fully informed of findings arising from the work undertaken, so that any problems can be satisfactorily resolved.
- Clear all review points raised on the work prior to files being passed to managers.
- Attend staff meetings and training as required.
- Recognise when information provided by the client is incomplete and inaccurate and take steps to rectify this.
- Ensure that timescales and deadlines set down are achieved, seeking advice regarding the resolution of issues and problems as appropriate.
- Carry out any other duties as are within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job, the title of the role and its grading, as requested by the line manager or Head of Department.
Personal and professional qualitiesThe role requires:
- AAT nearly-qualified / ACCA part qualified
- A minimum of 5 GCSE’s at A-C grade, including B in maths and English.
- Able to work as part of a team as well as working independently.
- Work experience gained in a client or customer facing environment would be advantageous.
- Excellent interpersonal skills - able to deal with people at all levels
- Enthusiastic – keen to develop
- Self-motivated and able to show initiative
- Thorough, flexible, resilient and persevering
- Excel (required)
- Sage (preferred)
- Xero (preferred)
At RSM, we want to create a strong sense of belonging so that people of all identities, backgrounds, and cultures feel they can bring their true self to work. Our clients come from all walks of life. We aim to achieve that same diversity of background, experience and perspective in our own teams, so that we can genuinely understand our client’s needs. Diverse teams bring a broader range of ideas and insights to work. That’s why we’re working together to ensure our firm’s principles and processes support a firm culture that embraces difference and strengthens inclusion.
At RSM we work hard to create an environment where our people can make a difference - to themselves, their career, their teams, and to the success of our firm and clients. We support all our people to work flexibly, to manage their family and other responsibilities alongside their work commitments; we believe this is key to achieving an inspiring and fulfilling working environment. For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.