Senior - BPO - FAAS
We are Grant Thornton. We go beyond business as usual, so you can too.
Grant Thornton Ireland (GT) has over 2,500 people in 10 offices across Ireland, The Isle of Man, Gibraltar, and Bermuda, with a presence in over 130 countries around the world, and a global network of over 62,000 people
At GT, we work as trusted advisors, bringing local knowledge and national expertise, with a global presence, to help businesses succeed – wherever they are located. We make business more personal by investing in building relationships and empowering our clients to make the right decisions for their organisation now and for the future. Whether that is working with the public sector to build thriving communities, with regulators and financial institutions to build trust, or with a diverse range of businesses to help them achieve their goals, Grant Thornton Ireland work hard to support clients to act on the issues that matter.
At GT Ireland we don’t just predict your future, we build it.
A Career at GT
Looking for a more fulfilling role in professional services? One where fresh thinking, collaboration and diversity are valued? At Grant Thornton we do things differently.
What does this mean for you?
A career in a more inclusive working environment, a more collaborative work culture, a more supported, flexible working role, more possibilities to grow and more opportunities to help shape the future for your clients. We respect and value your experience. And we want you to bring your authentic self to work and be at your best. It is how it should be.
Grow with us
At Grant Thornton, we care about our people and work hard to make you feel valued. If you are looking to deepen and develop your skills, knowledge, and experience throughout your career, then that is what you will get, and more.
The Grant Thornton FAAS department is a specialist team who primarily service complex large scale and Multinational Companies (MNCs), focusing on being a centralised point of contact for their global requirements. Our experienced and multicultural teams are experts in areas of Global Compliance and Reporting Solutions (GCRS) and Audit and Accounting Advisory (AAA) – both operating through our Centre of Excellence in Ireland, Flexible People Solutions, Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) and Global Payroll Solutions (GPS).
The characteristics of the target client base we are selling to are as follows:
- complex clients and group structures;
- technically demanding;
- driving efficiency and change;
- looking for value;
- want a single point of contact ;
- sophisticated procurement processes; and
- often SEC regulated.
The service delivery therefore demands a combination of rigorous project management with clear communication protocols, technical excellence and a deep knowledge of shared service centre operating environments. This role will suit an ambitious motivated person who is willing and interested in getting involved with helping the team and thrives in a varied role working across different clients. It involves working closely with Partners and other senior personnel within Grant Thornton, and also with key people from our multinational client base.
The candidate should be experienced in delivering projects such as:
- Liaise with stakeholders to ensure accurate and complete performance of month-end and quarter-end tasks.
- Preparation and review specified monthly balance sheet account reconciliations and follow up & resolve reconciling items in a timely manner.
- Assist with ad hoc financial analysis and queries
- Support with local statutory and tax requirements
- Provide support for the financial statement close process
- Involvement in transitions, assisting with the on-shoring or off-shoring of finance-related processes
- Process documentation, redesign and implementation in relation to processes including Order to Cash (OTC), Procure to Pay (P2P), Record to Report (R2R)
- Stakeholder engagement, building strong relationships with client representatives
- Promoting FAAS both internally and externally.
Individual’s experience, skills and attributes
- ACA/ACCA qualified with 1 - 2 years’ experience in a role which can demonstrate the experience required to achieve the above responsibilities, either in a professional services or industry environment.
- Specific experience of having been part of large-scale finance projects in a multinational environment.
- A self-starter with an ability to work on their own initiative, but knowing when to seek assistance and work collaboratively.
- Mature and confident person with excellent interpersonal skills, particularly communication skills.
- Energy, enthusiasm and passion for a new challenge
Life at GT
Rewards and benefits:
Our rewards and benefits are designed to create an environment where our people can flourish. We are committed to building a culture where our people have access to the necessary benefits to help promote a healthy lifestyle and thrive.
Inclusion and diversity:
Included and valued for your difference is how everyone should feel at work. Not just because it is right, but because we are all at our best when we are able to be ourselves. So, when you join Grant Thornton, we will work hard to ensure that is how you feel. We want you for who you are. We are excited to see the personality and perspectives you will bring to our team because we know we will all benefit from them.
Diversity of thought, background and experience enables better decision-making, improves the quality of our delivery, and helps us to meet the needs of our clients. Our firm is built on people and their ideas, so we want to hear all the new perspectives and fresh thinking you have to offer.
We want to create a culture of recognition and celebrating success, by saying thank you to people who surpass our expectations and recognising the right values and behaviours. Our Shout Out recognition scheme is our way of highlighting and promoting achievements. Whether you simply want to say thank you, celebrate a special occasion or give an award for doing something exceptional, you can do all of this and more through the scheme.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.