Fund Accounting Section Manager
We’re excited and proud to expand our footprint into the Boston metro area to support our business growth. Our dynamic leadership team brings strategic vision and hands on collaboration for new joiners, giving them the opportunity to partner directly and build strong long term relationships. The opportunity and exposure in Boston is thriving and we can't wait to connect with you!
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust, a Fortune 500 company, is a globally recognized, award-winning financial institution that has been in continuous operation since 1889.
Northern Trust is proud to provide innovative financial services and guidance to the world’s most successful individuals, families and institutions by remaining true to our enduring principles of service, expertise and integrity. With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 22,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working Model: Hybrid
We have a balanced hybrid working model to ensure you get the flexibility you need, and the successful candidate will spend their time between working in the office and working from home.
Global Fund Services:
Global Fund Services (GFS) is a full-service provider of fund solutions to investment manager and fund company clients around the world. North America GFS Operations provides Fund Accounting and Administration, Custody Servicing, Investment Outsourcing Operations, Transfer Agency, and Investor Servicing. Our expert team of 900 partners across North America are solutions-oriented, innovative, and passionate about servicing clients and helping them execute their business strategies. We commit ourselves to ensuring our partners reach their full potential.
The Fund Accounting Section Manager is responsible for managing the daily valuation production cycle and fund accounting reporting deliverables to advisors, fund managers, and third parties. The individual will use their subject matter expertise to ensure the accuracy and timeliness of the NAVs produced by fund accounting teams in multiple locations. The section manager must have leadership traits, effectively conduct performance management, career development processes, and enforce disciplinary actions if required.
The responsibilities will include working on a wide range of projects such as process optimization, ensuring that the organization has an efficient and effective structure in place, vetting new accounting treatments for various investment types, and conversions to new technologies while participating in various governance forums. The section manager must be focused on risk management and oversight of key KPIs.
- Manage the daily valuation production cycle and reporting deliverables
- Coordinate with client servicing to resolve inquiries and mitigate issues
- Conducts performance management and career development processes, and staffing and disciplinary actions
- Review escalated accounting exceptions to ensure accurate NAVs
- Prioritize client deliverables based on SLAs
- Oversee fund accounting data produced by teams across multiple locations
- Provide technical training and coaching for new processes directed by the client/s or regulatory changes. This includes drafting procedures and successfully managing the change environment
- Accurate and timely calculation and dissemination of the NAV’s
- Active member of the leadership team in establishing goals and objectives to mitigate risk and enhance productivity
- Contribute to process and system enhancement ideas and coordinate the implementation of these changes with supporting documented procedures
- Participate in, or lead projects as needed
- Interact with internal business leads and clients as needed by responding to queries and consulting on issues as they arise.
- 7-10 Years fund accounting experience; preferably 40 Act, CIT, partnerships, etc
- Alternative investment and partnership servicing knowledge is a plus
- Knowledge of asset classes comprising multiple products and funds (bonds, equities, options, futures, OTCs, fund of funds)
- Leadership and organizational skills to prioritize assignments and direct staff
- Ability to set priorities and manage deadlines, escalating issues where necessary
- Ability to deal confidently and articulately with internal and external counterparties; Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Analytical and problem solving skills; tech savvy
- Highly flexible and adaptable to change
- Operations Management: Organized, deadline oriented, cross training, coverage planning, maker/checker, etc
- Knowledge of relevant software applications (Bloomberg, FIS Enterprise, FTID, Excel) preferred
- A College or University degree and/or relevant work experience is required
- Supervisory experience
- Project management is a plus
- Good team player, self-starter, flexible, with the ability to work under pressure with minimal supervision
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, greater achievements await. You will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture in an organization where financial strength and stability is an asset that emboldens us to explore new ideas. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company committed to assisting the communities we serve! Join a workplace with a greater purpose.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of America’s best banks and most sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today.
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email our HR Service Center at MyHRHelp@ntrs.com.
We hope you’re excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us. We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.