Financial Reporting - Team Leader (Hybrid)
OverviewActing as the functional heart of our business, Operations makes everything work on time and on target, in a world that demands lightning-fast transaction speeds, pinpoints execution accuracy and full visibility. It ensures global transactions flow smoothly around the clock, wherever we do business. Without it, the daily clearance, settlement and execution of a trillion dollars’ worth of trades and the weekly movement of tens of billions of dollars in dozens of world currencies would come to a complete standstill.
Success ProfileYou’ll have strong communication, planning and organizational skills which will benefit you and the team. Our teams need individuals who can research, process, and interpret large amounts of information everyday which will allow you to make ethical decisions with integrity
Overview of Citi:
Citi, the world leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and a presence in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions worldwide. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Citi enables clients to achieve their strategic financial objectives by providing them with cutting-edge ideas, best-in-class products and solutions, and unparalleled access to capital and liquidity.
Edinburgh is the centre of Fund Accounting Operations and service delivery to UK clients. In providing this service we work in close partnership with mature ‘centre of excellence’ locations in both Warsaw and Gurgaon.
The Financial Reporting Team exists within Fund Accounting Operations to take responsibility for the detailed review, oversight, and final production of the interim and year end financial statements for UK Authorised Funds. These include:
- UK Open Ended Investment Companies (OEIC’s)
- UK Unit Trusts
- Property Authorised Investment Funds (PAIF’s)
This is a highly specialised team with the requirement to possess detailed UK accounting legislative knowledge in all aspects of production which in principal is the ‘Statement of Recommended Practice (SORP) 2014 for Financial Statements of UK Authorised Funds’ issued by the Investment Association. In addition, the Financial Reporting Team also take full responsibility for the co-ordination and management of the end to end proofing cycles, fund audits and all stakeholders feeding into the process of which there are several. Furthermore the Team have oversight of a large spectrum of periodic and bespoke client reporting requirements.
Role / Position Overview
Leading a team of 3-4 Financial Reporting Accountants with the responsibility for the review of financial statements in accordance with pre-agreed timetables and applicable legislation pertaining to the UK fund types.
In addition, undertaking reviews of periodic processes, providing support to internal projects & client change and driving process improvements.
- Day to day line management responsibilities for a team of 3 to 4 people in ensuring all deliveries are met in accordance with client service level agreements and key performance indicators
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert (SME) and provide guidance to resolve problems, escalations, and complex/escalated transactions
- Drive a culture of innovation and improvements to enhance efficiencies
- Support to staff coaching and development
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behaviour, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- Opportunity to work in a dynamic and growing business with potential for future growth
- Opportunities to develop management skills
- To develop relationships with an extended stakeholder network both internally and externally
- Opportunity to oversight an offshore team
- Experience working in financial services and fund accounting is essential
- Excellent working knowledge of the Investment Association ‘Statement of Recommended Practice (SORP) – Financial Statements of UK Authorised Funds’
- Experience in staff coaching & development
- Qualified or working towards a professional accounting qualification (eg ICAS / ACCA)
- Bachelor’s degree / University degree or equivalent experience
What we Offer
As well as a competitive salary and consideration for a yearly discretionary bonus Citi offer;
- Award winning pension scheme,
- Life assurance and
- Private medical insurance with Bupa healthcare.
In addition, we offer a competitive maternity, paternity and adoption leave scheme. We pride ourselves on our ability to offer employees a number of lifestyle benefits including; on site restaurant and coffee shops, online shopping and concierge service and subsidised clubs and societies.
Our Select benefit package offers you the opportunity to customise your benefits according to your own lifestyle preferences and includes corporate discounts, memberships and a range of additional extras.
Our vast range of diversity networks and on site multi faith room demonstrates Citi’s commitment to growing a diverse workforce.
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.