Strategic Pricing Lead
Kerry is the world's leading taste and nutrition company for the food, beverage and pharmaceutical industries. Every day we partner with customers to create healthier, tastier and more sustainable products that are consumed by billions of people across the world. Our vision is to be our customers' most valued partner, creating a world of sustainable nutrition. A career with Kerry offers you an opportunity to shape the future of food while providing you opportunities to explore and grow in a truly global environment.
About the role
The Strategic Pricing Lead will be a part of our Pricing and Margin Management function, within Southeast Asia, reporting locally to the Strategic Pricing Lead for Indonesia. This role will be an integral part of the team supporting key strategic customers and initiatives within the Indonesian market. The core responsibility of this role will be managing the end-to-end pricing/ product costing for key customers and safeguarding our margin management principles in Indonesia. The strategic pricing specialist will work closely with the commercial sales teams, to ensure the competitive and environment market conditions along with Kerry’s value proposition are reflected in pricing strategy, ensuring that all Kerry products are priced accurately according to our set guidelines.
You will need to build a strong understanding of Kerry products and its cost drivers, along with an expertise of the market, customers and competitors in order to deliver a strong connection between the pricing team and the relevant Strategic Customer Commercial teams, enabling the implementation of clear pricing strategy and maximising returns. The person in this role will have to demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively, have a high sense of accountability, along with a proven commercial business mindset and strong commercial acumen.
Work Location: Jakarta
Reporting to: Finance Business Partner
Costing & Pricing
- Responsible for ensuring that Kerry sub-region implements the regional pricing and margin management (PMM) strategy which maximizes the return from Kerry’s business model and value proposition
- Work closely with the commercial Sales teams to ensure the competitive and environment market conditions are reflected in pricing strategy.
- Support in the design of pricing strategy for new launched products, strategic push initiatives and key product technology drives within the market.
- Ensure that ways of working for pricing teams, including processes and procedures for all pricing scenarios (decision points, escalation criteria, minimum execution standards) are effectively implemented and controlled.
- Work with key business stakeholders to implement and ensure the necessary support is provided for customer engagement.
- Capture of relevant external insights (competitors, market movement, commodity changes, technology trends) for incorporation into relevant pricing transactions.
- Business partnering with commercial sales by reviewing and improving current performance of the key accounts as well as influencing decisions on how best to win new business through use of commercial acumen and financial expertise
- Act as a point of escalation and decision-making for new business opportunities that breach agreed margin thresholds for product groups.
- Responsible for execution of annual pricing process for relevant territory
- Support and mentorship of the costing team, especially in relation to: costing of new products, plants and processes.
- Ensure healthy level of intercompany margin resulted from transfer price set up.
- Responsible for delivery of clear and accurate weekly flash report to monitor market performance.
- In conjunction with the other Strategic Pricing Leads, the PMM lead, PM&A insights team and the Finance Director, the team are responsible for producing business forecasts, performance updates and driving the annual budget process.
Qualifications and skills
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in finance or management Accounting
- At least 3-4 years’ relevant experience in Pricing, Margin Management, FP&A, Commercial Finance or Operations Finance,
- Relevant Pricing and Margin Management/ Product Costing experience within FMCG industry is very beneficial
- Fluent and confident English communicator
- SAP or another ERP system experience
- Project Management skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite (advance Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- A team player and a relationship builder with strong communications skills to work with multiple stakeholders
- Strong attention to detail is critical
- Comfortable with autonomy and proactive in approach
- Results/solutions driven and able to challenges status quo and drives improvement
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Focus on improvement and standardization of processes.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and adapt to dynamic work environment.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.