Country Finance Director, Philippines
Life at Grab
At Grab, every Grabber is guided by The Grab Way, which spells out our mission, how we believe we can achieve it, and our operating principles - the 4Hs: Heart, Hunger, Honour and Humility. These principles guide and help us make decisions as we work to create economic empowerment for the people of Southeast Asia.
Get to know the Role:
You will be a trusted member and strong business partner of the Philippines Country Leadership team, working closely with the CFO organisation and business leaders to propel the organization forward through a combination of financial, treasury, tax, risk and business acumen, while delivering on the core mandate to provide sound financial stewardship..
Identify issues, develop hypothesis and execute analysis – translating data/research into meaningful insights and presenting recommendations to key decision makers.
Develop plans to implement strategic recommendations and manage the end-to-end execution.
Support the conceptualisation and business modelling of any new business initiatives.
Possess commercial acumen to review and challenge business/financial plans put forward by the business teams and able to provide valuable feedback/recommendations/solutions.
Champion finance transformation initiatives to optimise organisational structures, banking architectures, increase efficiency, automate related finance and business processes to ensure a data-driven organization that provides useful insights, holding stakeholders accountable and working alongside them to identify opportunities for further success.
The day-to-day activities:
Financial Planning & Analysis Activities:
- Support strategic finance activities including forecasting, benchmarking, optimisation and resource allocation.
- Financial modeling and simulations to build a robust financial model to provide senior leadership the ability to make strategic decisions.
- Advise senior management on business projections including remedies and implications to internal and external expectations.
- Develop and own the financial models to facilitate budget guidance and long term planning.
- Benchmark internal performance vs. peer groups.
- Optimise and allocate internal resources.
- Track and monitor actual KPIs and financial performance against budget/forecast and iterate models where necessary.
- Lead monthly closing activities and local financial statements, striving to challenge and improve processes (billing, reconciliation, GL, collection etc) with the use of tools, systems and technology.
- Tax strategy and risk management.
- Coach and mentor the development of the broader finance team members.
- Support regional finance projects and requirements. Ensure compliance of finance/ accounting policies, tax code, SOX requirements, cash flow and liquidity strategy and other company policies.
- Identify, assess and mitigate financial risks, i.e. liquidity, FX, interest rate, settlement, investment, counterparty credit, market, fraud, project, regulatory risks etc..
- Responsible for control & governance efforts in bank account architecture, financial authorities and banking approval matrix.
- Provide counsel on M&A, corporate finance and structuring activities.
- Develop, deliver and present reports/ dashboards/ key insights to Country leadership and regional team.
- Drive end-to-end leadership to improve the way we work across the wider group i.e. automation, simplification, streamlining processes, leveraging tools e.g. TMS, Analytics, Tableau, VBA, Bloomberg etc.
- Liaise with internal and external auditors, external business partners (banks, vendors, customers, JV partners) and regulatory bodies.
The must haves:
- Minimum 15 plus years of solid finance, FP&A or corporate finance experience preferably in MNC, consulting or fast-paced/high growth companies (e.g. fintech, e-commerce).
- Bachelor or MBA in Finance, Accounting, Banking, Treasury, FP&A or relevant professional qualifications e.g. ACCA, CA, CFA.
- Knowledge of local accounting standards, tax regulations and IFRS/GAAP.
- Experience with Sarbanes Oxley or strong control culture would be an advantage.
- Strong project management skills, results-driven, execution-focused, ability to own outcomes and make things happen with a strong sense of urgency.
- Ambitious, self-driven and highly motivated individual who can work well in a VUCA (Volatile, Uncertain, Complex, Ambiguous) environment - not everything is clearly defined. Should have a deep desire to excel and develop a career in a fast growing tech company. Should have demonstrated integrity and respect in the current roles.
- Data-driven to the core – understand numbers, what affects them, how you can influence outcomes, recommend options through analytical insights, quantitative analysis and decision modelling, communicate extremely concisely both written and verbal.
- Creative and comfortable with ‘blank sheet of paper’ assignments.
- A big-picture thinker who is detail-oriented and able to look beyond individual issues to identify broader themes with wider-reaching impact.
- Able to lead, guide and motivate teams to meet corporate goals and objectives.
- Structured thought process and a strong analytical reasoning ability, and some experience with operational execution.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to interact with all levels of leadership and think in a strategic manner
- Transformational mindset and demonstrated ability to lead and drive change.
- Demonstrate Grab qualities of Heart, Honour, Hunger and Humility.
We are committed to building diverse teams and creating an inclusive workplace that enables all Grabbers to perform at their best, regardless of nationality, ethnicity, religion, age, gender identity or sexual orientation and other attributes that make each Grabber unique.For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.