Accountants All Levels | BDO (Nth Qld)
- Full time opportunities available with an immediate start
- Join a friendly, supportive and dedicated team in a rewarding work environment
- Be part of a progressive, innovative and technologically advanced firm
BDO (Nth Qld) is the leading full service accounting, audit, tax and advisory firm in North Queensland, with a team of eight Partners and over 65 staff. We offer a unique combination of local market knowledge, established relationships, technical expertise and form part of the global BDO network.
We are currently seeking applications from Accountants at all levels to join our Business Services team. Our ideal candidates are proactive, highly motivated, team players, innovative, collaborative and have a strong focus on providing exceptional client service in a broad range of accounting, taxation, and business matters.
Working in our Business Services team you will support a diverse range of clients from start-ups to very large businesses across a range of industries. You will focus on delivering high quality, value adding work while developing your career in a high performing team.
In this role, you will be responsible for assisting our Partners in providing accounting services such as tax compliance and client advisory to individuals and businesses in accordance with professional standards and requirements. This may include the preparation of income tax returns, financial statements, business activity statements (BAS) and instalment activity statements (IAS). For the right candidates, these opportunities provide strong pathways for career development.
What we look for in our Accountants
- The right to work in Australia on an ongoing basis
- Previous work experience in a similar tax accountant role
- Tertiary qualified in commerce, accounting or equivalent
- Eligibility for, or currently completing/completed a CA or CPA qualification
- Demonstrated technical expertise
- Experience working in a fast paced and deadline driven environment
- Self-starter with a proactive and detail oriented approach
- Proven ability to build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to think critically, identify and solve problems
- Strong IT and computer skills including proficiency in MS Office. You will embrace new technology and have the ability to adapt quickly
What we will offer you
BDO offers professional development, a collaborative culture, workplace flexibility, career growth opportunities and an industry-competitive salary package.
We are committed to building your technical, advisory, leadership, and management skills, and balance work with promoting health, wellbeing, workplace giving and social activities. At BDO, we want you to enjoy what you do and the community of colleagues and clients you work with.
How to apply
To submit your application please click ‘Apply’ or for further information contact Bonnie Mueller or Jecoa Selke on 07 4046 0000.
** Please note that all applications must be submitted online. All applicants will be updated via email on the progress of their application throughout the recruitment process.For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.