Fund and Corporate Services Accounting Manager
- As a member of the management team in Tokyo you will work closely with the Head of Japan to oversee the delivery of accounting and reporting services to clients (both overseas and domestic) investing primarily through GK, or TMK structures for real estate and through Cayman Limited Partnerships for Private Equity and Venture Capital clients;
- Lead the overall operational delivery locally in Japan, acting as the central point of contact for clients, working to ensure a positive client experience throughout the relationship;
- Experienced in J-GAAP and domestic taxation requirements for SPC’s, you will be comfortable reviewing (and in some cases preparing if needed) financial reporting prepared by junior colleagues, overlaying your own specific local knowledge to ensure the accuracy and compliance of all reporting delivered to clients;
- As a skilled communicator you will be required to liaise with colleagues in other offices within Asia-Pacific (most commonly Hong Kong and Singapore), across our global network and in local meetings to ensure smooth client delivery, so strong business English is essential;
- Combining your knowledge of Japanese tax and accounting with a developing understanding of Alter Domus systems and processes including eFront and Yardi (we also use Yayoi kaikei and Tatsujin), you will work within a structured framework to ensure a consistent client experience, promoting the use of standard reporting packs and system setup;
- You will manage relationships with other service providers in the industry that are stakeholders for our clients, including auditors, law firms, and banks;
- You will use experience you have acquired in the past as well as excellent organisational skills, sound judgement, the ability to prioritise tasks and strong personal character to help the wider team perform and grow. Your colleagues will benefit from your good listening skills and tailored coaching (including on technical topics).
- You will also play a key role in generating new business and maintaining quality of existing clients. This includes preparation of materials for pitching to clients, presenting to clients about our business and supporting onboarding of new clients.
- 8+ of relevant work experience, ideally from multinational corporations, accounting service providers and / or Big 4;
- Fully qualified accountant (e.g. JICPA / CPTA / ACCA / AICPA / ACA);
- Fluency in written and spoken Japanese and English. Fluency in any other Asian languages, in particular Chinese (Mandarin and / or Cantonese) or Korean would be considered an asset;
- You are mature and able to inspire confidence in others;
- Possessing a detail oriented approach, you are able to analyse at both a micro and macro level;
- You have experience in leading teams and the ability to ensure that multiple (often competing) deadlines are met;
- You possess experience in dealing directly with a range of clients and internal teams alike, skillful in the management of their expectations, in relation to both technical and other operational topics;
- Capable of identifying and anticipating possible problem areas, you will be able to accurately measure potential risks and offer suitable solutions to clients;
- Deep knowledge of the local Japanese market and business practices, industry knowledge specific to Real Estate (essential), Private Equity or Venture Capital would be considered an asset;
- Knowledge of accounting systems such as eFront or YARDI would be a distinct advantage.