What we will offer you
- Be recognised and valued within a supportive team
- Professional opportunities, personal fulfilment, and long-term growth, including Partner led-mentoring
- Commitment to your ongoing development to build your technical, advisory, leadership, and management skills, including technical and non-technical training
- Enjoyment in what you do and the community of colleagues and clients you work with
- Health, wellbeing, and workplace giving programs, as well as the range of social activities including an active Social Club
Your New Role
This is an exciting career opportunity for ambitious Senior Auditors to join our Brisbane Audit team.
Some of the key duties & responsibilities would include:
- Execute audits for large proprietary and listed companies ranging in size and industry
- Complete planning sections of audit files without supervision
- Work with other teams to collaborate and develop Financial Audit strategies and methodologies for our clients
- Work closely with the manager on the engagement identifying potential problem areas or budget difficulties
- Coordinates engagements without manager assistance, reporting directly to Partner where appropriate
- Awareness of reporting and regulatory requirements across a variety of frameworks
- Analysis and documentation of internal controls and control environments
- Draft management letters and completion reports
- Coach and mentor junior colleagues and build internal relationships
- Liaise with clients and identify future opportunities
BDO’s Audit practice is a major player within the local marketplace, auditing many of Australia’s leading public and private sector organisations across a diverse industry base. Our thriving audit practice works with and provides services to some of the most exciting, established and emerging companies. In your career with BDO, you will have the opportunity to work in a high performing team on a diverse client base with exposure to challenging work in a cross section of industries.
What you’ll need to succeed:
- 3-4 years external audit experience in a large professional services firm
- CA/CPA qualification (or working towards)
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Experience in reviewing General Purpose accounts, included listed entities
- Ability to identify scope and solve problems
- Experience and passion in leading and developing teams
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and exposure to Audit software
- To be an Australian or New Zealand Citizen or Permanent resident at time of application
Our values are at the core of who we are and how we work with each other and with our clients. These values are the foundation of what we deliver, IDEAS | PEOPLE | TRUST. This is about delivering ideas and advice that create value; quality-driven people who are motivated by providing exceptional client service; and being trusted to get the job done. Learn more about BDO.
Learn more what we offer at BDO.
Competitive salary based on level of experience: starting from a minimum of $80,000, inclusive of super
IDEAS | PEOPLE | TRUST
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.