Manager, Financial Analysis
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust, a Fortune 500 company, is a globally recognized, award-winning financial institution that has been in continuous operation since 1889.
Northern Trust is proud to provide innovative financial services and guidance to the world’s most successful individuals, families and institutions by remaining true to our enduring principles of service, expertise and integrity. With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 22,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
We have a balanced hybrid working model to ensure you get the flexibility you need, and the successful candidate will spend their time between working in the office and working from home.
Responsible for managing the Financial Analysis group, including conducting the performance management process and providing input for staffing and disciplinary actions. Co-ordinates and oversees the monthly/ reporting and forecast process for various financial statement line items, the annual profit plan, strategic plan and/or capital plan at the corporation, business unit, and/or regional level. Oversees the completion of detailed expense analysis as required. Completion of various ad hoc projects as well as discrete financial analysis projects to be determined by the group senior management or other key business and finance stakeholders. May provide feedback on corporate performance to senior management and various business unit managers
- Conducts performance management and career development processes, provides input for staffing, staff objectives, disciplinary actions and staff training requirements.
- Oversees the completion of the monthly profit plan, annual strategic plan and/or capital plan process including detailed analysis of outputs and results, periodic trends as well as the key business factors driving financial performance.
- Oversees the production of periodic of results to the Board of Directors and other governance bodies and/or regulators.
- Develops periodic goals, organizes the work, sets short-term priorities, monitors all activities and ensures timely and accurate completion of the work.
- Conduct and/or manage special projects and ad hoc requests to support key finance and business stakeholders.
Experience in some or all of the following desirable:
- Producing business models to project long term growth and determine the impacting business factors.
- Delivery of competitor analysis, market trends and associated commentary to the Leadership team
- Analysing financial and operational results to better understand company performance, and deliver associated commentary to stakeholders.
- Understanding and utilising BI tools & technology to deliver meaningful insights into business performance
- Communicating to senior management the reasons behind business performance and results
- Providing detailed analysis and commentary on cost centre results
- Reviewing operations and recommending new productivity or cost saving initiatives
- Preparing business cases to support new investment, strategic and other business decisions
- Reviewing existing processes and procedures to develop recommendations for improvement efforts
- Evaluating previous budgets, expenditures to develop and implement future budgets
- Communicating results and recommendations to senior management for improvements that will lead to cost reduction, revenue generation and streamlining operations
- Providing insights to senior management around financial modelling, forecasts and profitability
- Possesses leadership and organizational skills required to develop periodic goals and to manage and motivate team members towards the goals set.
- Analytical and problem solving skills required to evaluate financial results and projections.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills are necessary to present relevant information to senior management and business unit managers.
- Strong personal computer skills (all MS Office 365 applications) are required to perform analyses and communicate financial information to various constituents.
- Strong knowledge of accounting, reporting, financial analysis and forecasting techniques acquired through an advanced degree program or professional qualification and related work experience is required.
- CPA and/or MBA desirable, but not required.
- 10+ years of related experience with emphasis on financial analysis and management reporting, planning, and analysis.
- Experience working with and presenting to all levels of an organization.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, greater achievements await. You will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture in an organization where financial strength and stability is an asset that emboldens us to explore new ideas. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company committed to assisting the communities we serve! Join a workplace with a greater purpose.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today.
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email our HR Service Center at MyHRHelp@ntrs.com.
We hope you’re excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.