Financial Analyst | Al Futtaim Automotive | Global Aftersales
Established in the 1930s as a trading business, Al-Futtaim Group today is one of the most diversified and progressive, privately held regional businesses headquartered in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Structured into five operating divisions; automotive, financial services, real estate, retail and healthcare; employing more than 35,000 employees across more than 20 countries in the Middle East, Asia and Africa, Al-Futtaim Group partners with over 200 of the world's most admired and innovative brands. Al-Futtaim Group’s entrepreneurship and relentless customer focus enables the organization to continue to grow and expand; responding to the changing needs of our customers within the societies in which we operate.
By upholding our values of respect, excellence, collaboration and integrity; Al-Futtaim Group continues to enrich the lives and aspirations of our customers each and every day
Overview of the role:
Global Aftersales operations encompasses aftersales operations of all brands and companies covering all UAE, GCC and International geographies of Group’s Automotive Division including specialized Body & Paint and Tier-2 company ALAC.
Financial Analyst will be responsible for preparation and drive the culture of thorough financial analysis, performance reviews, feasibility analysis for all operating companies and activities under the ambit of Global aftersales operations. He/she will be a trusted finance partner to General Manager – Tier-1/Dispersion Management and will be reporting to Sr. Financial Controller – Global Aftersales. He/she will be responsible to provide both internal and external stakeholders with insightful, accurate and timely financial and operational analysis/information.
Key responsibility include performance analysis and business cases, with regard to specified key Aftersales performance indicators, including Monthly Review & MIS, Management Dashboard reporting, Budgeting and forecasting exercise, Divisional performance analysis, productivity analysis, Business Review Meeting presentations and working capital management/optimizations.
What you will do:
- Analyze performance of all Aftersales operations across brands against targets, present the analysis to the operational stakeholders with insightful recommendation to improve the business
- Develop & maintain monthly KPIs for GM – Tier-1/Dispersion Management and other Global aftersales operational team by location and support to drive profit maximization
- Provide effective and timely Management Reports - financial and operational reports and dashboards to Business operations that enable Automotive companies to manage their operations.
- Be an integral part of all the operational stakeholders meeting including Aftersales service operation committee meetings, monthly closing meetings, management meeting etc.
- Assist in financial planning and analysis support of strategic planning activities as necessary, Annual Budgets/ Forecasts & strategic plan/ Board updates/ presentations.
- Active role to prepare and deliver end-to-end forecasting, annual budget, long term strategy with Global aftersales planning team
- Enter the final set of data in the feasibility model and prepare financial feasibility analysis in such a way as to present an accurate, complete, clear picture of the business, reflecting expenditure, place, marketability, recovery period and profitability enabling the management to assess the viability of the project.
- Review accounting and IFRS treatment of aftersales exceptional/key transactions and support global aftersales team for any business implications.
- Ensure proper calculation and recording of Inventory/ Doubtful Debts Provision on monthly basis in compliance with applicable financial policies and procedures.
- Support monthly book closing activities for the assigned division.
- Lead by example – thrive to create an honest and open work environment where individuals collaborate /support each other as a team and are passionate to achieve a common business objective.
- Additional to the above-mentioned requirements an Employee will at times be expected to perform tasks and duties outside of his/her scope of work as necessitated by work demand.
Management Information Systems
- Develop suitable business MIS to encapsulate all the key performance indicators: financial, commercial & operational.
Collecting and Analyzing the Data
- Collect data from both internal and external resources on various types of costs. Income and expense projection and variance analysis
Key area support
- Support senior management in aspects of pricing, cost controls, finance, treasury and tax, as required.
Required Skills to be successful:
- Extensive Financial analyst experience
- Automotive background/experience
- Commercial experience
- Can manage independently
About the Team:
The role will report to Sr. Financial Controller – Global Aftersales and you will be working in a very busy and fast pace environment.
What equips you for the role:
- Qualified Accountant or equivalent post graduate qualification.
- Minimum 7-10 years relevant experience
- Excellent numeracy skills, Analytical skills, Positive leadership, Team-builder, Commercial awareness
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills are a must. Ideal candidate must be self directed. Strong interpersonal and team building skills.
- Previous experience in a similar position in a world class organization will be advantageous.
About Al-Futtaim Automotive
A major division of the UAE-based Al-Futtaim Group of companies, Al-Futtaim Automotive is an industry leader with presence in 10 countries across the Middle East, Asia and Africa.
Our core business activities at Al-Futtaim Automotive include distribution, manufacturing, leasing and aftersales, and we are firmly established as the regional representative of some of the world’s most iconic automotive brands: Toyota, Lexus, Honda, Jeep, Chrysler, Dodge, Volvo and RAM.
We are driven by a customer-centric approach, constantly pushing the boundaries on innovation, quality standards, and value-added service across our vast universe of customers - right from motoring enthusiasts to fleet operators to contractors. Our mission is to become the leader in custom-made mobility solutions by delivering nothing less than world-class omni-channel experiences.
We channel our local expertise and global trust to deliver one of the most comprehensive portfolios of mobility products and solutions, from passenger cars to SUVs, electric vehicles to high-performance motorbikes, commercial vehicles to industrial & construction equipment.
What keeps the company moving forward is a 9000-member strong team, with inspiring possibilities for growth, throughout the career path. This is Al-Futtaim Automotive and we empower talent to move forward.For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.