SICP is looking for a highly motivated trainee, part-qualified or newly-qualified accountant who will report directly to the COO.
After training and development, some of your responsibilities will include:
- Assist in the preparation of month-end management accounts.
- Company Tax returns
- Assist in the preparation of year end statutory financial statements
- Reconcile accounts payable and receivable
- Issue Invoices
- Log Invoices
- Handle monthly, quarterly and annual closings
- Bookkeeping is outsourced, but regular interaction required with the bookkeeper
- Company registrations
- Managing bank accounts and processing payments on their behalf
- Preparing management accounts
- General accounting duties
- General office manager duties
Experience in accounting software and studies is preferred but not essential. The ideal candidate will be very self-motivated, driven and have a keen interest to further their career in accounting. Full training will be given and an opportunity for study support where applicable. We welcome all applicants to join this vibrant team and stimulating work environment.
- Provide financial and operational inputs on; holding structures, funding mechanics, assess other accounting / valuations implications and manage various work streams with internal stakeholders and external advisors during investment / divestment processes
- Prepare variance and returns analysis on portfolio companies, work with the internal valuations team and deal team where internal valuations are utilised
- Partner with the external operations team to fulfil all operational requirements
- Investment support to Investment Team
- Project support to the Project Team
- Opportunity to work closely with Investment Teams, Deal Closers, Tax, Legal and external advisors to provide finance expertise on deal closing and on-going monitoring
- Willingness to study in your own time to train as an accountant, (ACCA or CIMA)
- Preferred - at least 2 years relevant working experience (ideally within financial services and in supporting direct transactions)
- Good understanding of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise tasks and deliver to deadlines
- Proven teamwork abilities with an interest in developing new skills and knowledge
- Preferably a degree from a Russell Group university
What impact can you make in this role?
You will be part of a small dynamic team that provides investment services, project management and financial management services.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
As an employer, we passionately believe every individual brings with them unique diversity of thought and perspectives. An inclusive environment yields exceptional contribution.
All applicants who qualify for the role will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, socio economic background or disabilities.