Associate / Director - Finance Capital Planning (Internal Audit)
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley is seeking an experienced auditor for its Internal Audit Department (IAD). IAD comprises Business, Risk and Technology Auditors; Subject Matter Experts (e.g., Risk, Data Analytics); and support functions that are responsible for ensuring the department adheres to professional, regulatory and Firm policies and procedures. IAD provides independent assurance on the quality and effectiveness of the Firm's internal control, risk management, and governance systems and processes. It achieves this by identifying and assessing the operating risks of the Firm and evaluating the adequacy and effectiveness of the Firm's system of internal control. The division provides opportunity to gain unique insight on the financial industry and its products and operations.
We're looking for detail-oriented team players who have an interest in financial markets and want to gain insight into the firm's operations and control processes.
Team: Finance Audit (Capital Planning)
The role will reside within the Internal Audit's: Finance audit team in Mumbai. The role includes audit completion and maintaining client relationships within the firm's Finance organization including Financial and Regulatory Reporting Controllers, Accounting Standards and Control, Financial Planning & Strategy. The person in the role will assist the Capital Planning audit team in completing its annual audit plan, audit test design and execution, identifying areas requiring control enhancements, providing recommendations for control improvements and undertaking continuous monitoring of key business activities. Audited functions include Capital Planning and CCAR/ DFAST processes in coordination with the established IA teams responsible for coverage of Risk, Finance, Technology and the respective business divisions.
- Provide audit coverage in Finance Capital planning audits through risk assessments, audit planning, testing and reporting.
- Participate in the periodic continuous monitoring of Capital Planning Finance activities, analyze and document risk assessments.
- Assist Audit in Charge in developing audit planning documents, test programs and execute against plans within specified budgets and lead certain aspects of audits/reviews.
- Communicate audit findings to the Internal Audit coverage managers and senior client management.
- Identify and evaluate key risks surrounding Capital Planning and CCAR/ DFAST process
- Create and execute test procedures to assess the designated control environment, and clearly document results in line with internal documentation standards.
- Participate in strategic initiatives and projects to enhance our audit approach and coverage.
- Develop solid working relationship with auditees and across the broader Internal Audit Department.
Morgan Stanley is seeking a strong Audit candidate who should be able to complete risk assessments and work within a team, to plan, execute and review audit tests/tasks assigned and report findings during financial audits.
Knowledge and Skills
- Understand audit scope, assist in preparation of audit planning documentation, execute on walkthroughs and audit testing.
- Understand the financial system and reporting requirements as applicable to key Finance processes in scope and associated risks, and identify the key Finance risks and controls that are impacted.
- Exposure on Capital planning reports and/ or Stress testing processes. Added advantage if prior coverage on FR Y-14 reports, CCAR & DFAST processes.
- Solid technical knowledge of accounting standards and experience in researching GAAP and/or other regulatory standards.
- Detailed understanding and knowledge of financial statement processes and accounting requirements.
- Team player with ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment and within a small team setting.
- Keen attention to detail and demonstrated strong analytical skills in identifying and analyzing Finance risks.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Masters'/ Bachelors' Degree (major in Accounting or Finance preferred)
- CA, CPA, or equivalent certification (preferred, though not required)
- Regulatory Reporting/ Accounting and auditing background with a minimum of 6-9 years of related experience either with a prior Internal Audit function or public accounting firm (required)
- Understanding of the Internal Audit processes (e.g., risk assessments, planning, testing, reporting and continuous monitoring) (Required)
- Monday to Friday from 12:00 PM to 9:00 PM India time with flexibility on standard working hours for time sensitive matters.
- Periodic evening calls with US and EMEA Internal Auditors and auditees
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.