- Grant Thornton Channel Islands
- Channel Islands (GB)
- 16 May 2023
- 16 Jun 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Accounting - Public practice
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Entry level, Graduate scheme, Apprenticeship
To assist the team with the planning and administration of audit assignments, enabling completion to a high standard within agreed timetable and budget. Is motivated to perform and committed to effective client service and the quality of work meets the company’s ethical and professional standards and supports organisational success.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Assists in the conduct of an audit engagement under supervision and may be responsible for undertaking small non-complex audits which will involve pre-audit scoping and preparation, identifying audit risks and performing preliminary evaluation of client’s internal control structure to identify weaknesses and areas for management consideration and improvement.
- Assists with audit planning procedures including audit tests using the firm’s audit methodology ensuring that key matters not identified at the planning stage are brought to the attention of the client management team and assists with assessment.
- Completes allocated tasks to a high standard which meet set reporting and auditing standards.
- Assists with preparation of the simpler financial statements, or reviews client-prepared financial statement and other management reports to develop understanding and increase knowledge of various entities and accounting issues.
- Monitors own WIP and ensures a positive contribution is made to departmental billing.
- Builds confidence in dealing with clients and knowledge of more in depth tasks, developing the ability to take on more complex engagements and builds relationships to ensure client retention and growth.
- Acts as an ambassador of the firm, building relationships and promoting the firm at every opportunity to facilitate new business opportunities.
- Obtains a relevant professional qualification to become a qualified auditor, in accordance with a signed training agreement.
- Highly PC literate with good knowledge of Windows software and Microsoft 365.
- Possesses excellent planning, organisational and time management skills.
- Is a team player but also has the confidence to work alone on certain engagements.
- Has attention to detail to ensure that the quality of work will meet the required ethical and professional standards.
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines coupled with a flexible attitude and a proactive approach to work.
- Displays initiative and lateral thinking coupled with the ability to solve routine problems.
- Analytical with the ability to analyse data from a variety of different sources.
- Has excellent interpersonal and communication skills and has the confidence to deal with people at all levels.
- Committed to effective client service.
- Ability to apply the technical knowledge gained via the studies towards the professional qualification.
- School leaver: 112 UCAS points or equivalent / Graduate: Degree (2:1 or above) or equivalent. No relevant experience necessary.